Unattended CD Creator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaushal Hiwarkar

Be Healthy, Keep Smiling
1) Can anybody tell me for what purpose this s/w is , also step by step how can I use Unattended CD Creator.

2) Download a program called Resource Hacker. Its a small brilliant utility, thats allows you to modify the coding of a file without dealing in HEX!

When you have downloaded the file, run, and open c:\windows\explorer.exe

Navigate in the left menu to - "String Table" - 37 - 1033. Here now in the right you will see a string value "578". Modify the text, click "compile script" and save the file.

NOTE: 37 is for it you have "Window XP style" enabled. Use 38 (595), if your running "Classic".

Reboot..and your changes should be made!

I have done this then also my start up doesn't change. Tell where I am wrong,.

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
Windows Unattended CD Creator is a very small application that will help you create an user-customized Windows bootable CD. You can choose which drivers, components or hotfixes to be installed and you can even set your network settings. All you need to do in a normal Windows installation is taken cared of by this little application, so you can install your operating system in the fastest way possible.

you require .net framework 1.1 for it
its just 644KB
freeware

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Kaushal Hiwarkar said:
2) Download a program called Resource Hacker. Its a small brilliant utility, thats allows you to modify the coding of a file without dealing in HEX!

When you have downloaded the file, run, and open c:\windows\explorer.exe

Navigate in the left menu to - "String Table" - 37 - 1033. Here now in the right you will see a string value "578". Modify the text, click "compile script" and save the file.

NOTE: 37 is for it you have "Window XP style" enabled. Use 38 (595), if your running "Classic".

Reboot..and your changes should be made!

I have done this then also my start up doesn't change. Tell where I am wrong,.
lol at first I thought that u were telling us the method to change the text. :D
Buddy its happening bcoz of WFP (Windows File Protection) service, which automatically replace edited system files with original files present in %windir%\System32\Dllcache folder.
So either disable WFP using WFP Patcher or use "Replacer" to replace existing files with ur hacked one!
U can find both utilities in following thread:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30897

and for more information about how to use Resource Hacker and other hacks, u can go thru following tutorials:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31112
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21217

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom