Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Hi Guys,

Windows XP Home edition, recently Airtel connection through mobile. Before Airtel connection, I am using BSNL Internet connection through landline. When I update my AVG ANTI-VIRUS FREE EDITION, it says not updating that the server name cannot be converted to the IP address. How to rectify the problem? Is there any settings problems or what?

slugger

Banned
kumarn_2004 said:
it says not updating that the server name cannot be converted to the IP address..

luks like u facin DNS resolving issues

duz AVG not have automatic updates,

is ur AV not getting upd8d @ all or duz d AV get updated as and when AVG has sum update ready

AFAIK u may face this issue when ur definitions are up-to-date but still try to do an update

just check how old ur defn r?

slugger

Banned
navjotjsingh said:
AVG does have automatic updates. My AVG gets updated daily at 12:52am.
if AVG gets updated daily @ 12:52 am, den duz it not mean dat it is getting updated automatically :)

u dont have to start the update process by clickin on sum buttons, do u ;)

@kumaran_2005
den u mite wan 2 login to access d NET @ 12.52 am 2 c if update process begins

or u mite wan d 2 offline updates by downloadin d virus definitions l8r and doing updates

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
For updates, I don't click anything. It does automatically. And yes its pretty obvious that net should be connected at 12:52am!

slugger

Banned
ooops!!!!!!

sorry d00d i actually misread ur previous post

i thot i read ur post as saying AVG does not have automatic updates,
so my response was drafted accordingly
shud have read it after washing my eyes ;)

(got up 2 hours 2 early and w/o my moring coffee, life sux ;))

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
kumarn_2004 said:
Hi Guys,

Windows XP Home edition, recently Airtel connection through mobile. Before Airtel connection, I am using BSNL Internet connection through landline. When I update my AVG ANTI-VIRUS FREE EDITION, it says not updating that the server name cannot be converted to the IP address. How to rectify the problem? Is there any settings problems or what?

Sir,

I uninstalled AVG and installed another Software. This Software also says same as "the server name cannot be converted to the IP address."

What is the problem actually?
My browser is Internet Explorer-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom