Unable to use Internet through Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

salilrane

.........Access Denied!!!
[FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I am Unable to use Internat through Mobile at home via Airtel GPRS,
I am using Nokia 3230 & N72 , Both mobile Fails through PC for connect Internet.
No Error Message Appear. I have tried By Bluetooth Dongle, PC suite 7.0 , PC suite Uninstalled & reinstalled also Direct connected form Dial Up ( Now Bluetooth uninstalled & only PC suite Installed & Also removed other Modem Except Nokia 3230 USB Modem (OTA)
In both mobile connects Internet Sucessfully via GPRS Mobile Office.
But In PC During connecting Process Opens ports /varifies username & password/Registers PC on Network & connects also. But after connecting Only 4 Kb data send & around 400 Bites receives , connection stay in connecting state. After opening Explorer not connects any sites.
I have contacted to AIRTEL GPRS ,They have Checked & Informed me From Our Side No problem & Suggested Format Your PC & Try.

Till I have not Formated My PC.
Is there any Solution possible without format PC ? & also request for give me Detail Setting For Proper operation of AIRTEL GPRS MobileOffice for PC.

i dont wanna format my PC

plz help guru's
[/FONT]

MasterMinds

hell boy
u just need to correctly set up the connection.....and setup manually...and fill inthe the access point....call coustomer for access poni of MOBILE OFFICE

Power UP

In the zone
[FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
In both mobile connects Internet Sucessfully via GPRS Mobile Office.
[/FONT]
Since it connects in mobile , i don't think there is a network problem.

First uninstall Pc-suite & everything related to it.

Install the latest version of pc-suite.
Connect [FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]3230 or N72[/FONT].
It should install the modem drivers. Check that they are present in Network connections.
Put Access point as "airtelgprs.com" in ur phone.
Connect ur phone to pc with cable.
Click on "One Touch Access" and select configure.
Select Network operator as "AirTel India" and click finish.

If ur connecting directly from Network connections then make sure Username & password are blank and dial-up number is *99#

Now you should be able to connect via pc.

If it still doesn't work try repairing ur windows or as a final choice Format :p

dheeraj2008

Right off the assembly line
hey buddy you can find complete and very good details on tech-flood(dot)blogspot(dot) (com)...these are excerpts from the tech-flood blog

Connect your mobile phone to internet is very simple ...just follow these steps
Requirements
:: A pc or laptop, a cell-phone with GPRS facility, a data cable to connect the cell-phone to laptop or pc if your cell-phone has bluetooth or infra-red facility then you don’t need datacable.

• First of all you have to call customer care (121) to activate your GPRS. It may take 2 or 3 days.
  • After your connection is activated they send you some settings as per as your mobile phone, you have to enable those settings.
  • Now install the driver of the data cable and connect your cell-phone to the pc or labtop.
  • Just in the driver software you will get the internet settings options, enable those options and double click to start. you will have Connecting Device : Your mobile’s modem ISP Name : Airtel (or anything you like)Phone Number : *99***2# Username and Password : blank
  • Connect to the dial-up account. You will be connected at 115.2 kbps (However it never happens).

OP
salilrane

salilrane

.........Access Denied!!!
As per your guideline tried yesterday night but problem is still there.
PC-Intel P4 , 3.06 G Hz , XP-SP3 ,RAM-1.5 GB , Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Latest.

george101

Good Boy
Since it connects in mobile , i don't think there is a network problem.

First uninstall Pc-suite & everything related to it.

Install the latest version of pc-suite.
Connect [FONT=Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]3230 or N72[/FONT].
It should install the modem drivers. Check that they are present in Network connections.
Put Access point as "airtelgprs.com" in ur phone.
Connect ur phone to pc with cable.
Click on "One Touch Access" and select configure.
Select Network operator as "AirTel India" and click finish.

If ur connecting directly from Network connections then make sure Username & password are blank and dial-up number is *99#

Now you should be able to connect via pc.

instead of selecting Network operator choose Manual confiuration and enter access point as internet. leave other fields blank... this is wat i do. may work for u... try it and reply...

Power UP

In the zone
instead of selecting Network operator choose Manual confiuration and enter access point as internet. leave other fields blank... this is wat i do. may work for u... try it and reply...
I think ur replying to the wrong person , TS is having the problem.

Of course manually entering apn also works , but the above method "AirTel India" is more newbie friendly :p

Ps. Entering access point as internet won't work in One Touch Access, u have to enter "airtelgprs.com"

@salilrane

Sp3 might be the culprit. I too had some problems with some software i was using then , after all its still quite new.

For now try to roll back to SP2 and see if it works.

george101

Good Boy
am using internet and it works...

may be kaspersky is the culprit... try uninstalling it and connect to internet...

jatt

In the zone
i think you should do as follows:

1. go to control panel

2 go to phone and modem options

3. now click modems and select your modem port and

4. now click on properties and now click on advanced tab.

5.now enter following code into extra settings code is:

AT+CGDCONT=,"IP","airtelgprs.com",<cr>

please do that problem will sort out and yes please ask here if problem not solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom