Unable to run Opera and Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddick

Mobile Freak
These two browsers are unable to start n gives me this error message,"Unable to initialize Memory Stream".But IE works fine.PLEASE anybody help me to fix this problem..I have Win XP Home...THANKS IN ADVANCE :p

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
*bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=299452
Seems nobody is working on that bug. Try completely uninstalling firefox and installing a newer version.

BTW, how do you 'fun' a browser? :)

ishaan

Padawan
i think he means 'run' lol

its not regarded as a bug wid firefox nemore...dey made it an INVALID bug...cuz its happenin cuz of spyware

i ended up afta sum googling 2 d link wich siriusb only gave lol and if u go down daz wat it sez...

the solution is here - *chirayu.blogspot.com/2005/06/firefox-unable-to-initialize-memory.html

hopefully once uve dun this for firefox, itl b solved for opera also

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
@siriusb
Yeah there is nobody there in that bug...I uninstall n reinstall it but same problem occurs :evil:

@ishaan
That solution doesn't works...I delete both d values frm d registry,but nothing happens...I get same error message again :x Please Help me out...THX AGAIN MATE

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
Are you logged in as a limited user when you rum those...AND have enabled the quota system?? on the Windows drive??
Iff, yes, then i think you wud know the answer by now! :D

godsownman

Padawan
The problem lies somewhere in the OS probably.

Its not only related to FF but Opera too and most of the guys seem to be forgetting that.

Regards

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
reddick said:
I logged in as ADMIN...but wht is 'quota system windows drive'?Answer me briefly!

If you enable Quota system on a drive, then you can assign the amount of space each user using ur PC can use on that drive...eg. If you assign 100MB of quota limit to a Limited User, then He/She cannot use more than that spave on that drive!!
You can set this only if ur drive is NTFS, by goin to the drive properties and the getting into the Quota Tab!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom