Unable to play VCDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi all
Recently my friend burnt a VCD that plays perfectly in his system, but I am not able to play the same in my system. I have WMP 9, Power DVD... even then I am not able to play it... Is it some kinda codec problem... If so, can anyone of u let me know where I can download the latest codecs.....

Regards,
Ramprasad

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
U need to have some codec installed, for playing divx movies or .avi extensions files.

get k-lite or nimo codec pack.

Google with the keywords and u are done man.

Sourabh

Laptoping
man this Media Player Classic with aCe mEdIa cOdEcS surely roxx

supports almost everything

these guys must have busted their a$$e$ making such a thing possible

worth trying once

download it size 44 MB tho :(

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Might not b a codec problem.. as u urselves mentioned it is a VCD.. meanin an MPEG1 file..

The problem might b with the burnin part... the CD was burnt real fast.. so some cd-readers'll have a problem readin it.. but the original writer won't have da problem readin it... So try it once more on the same writer.. usin da existin CD.. & write @ 8X... preferably make an image 1st on the HDD.. then write onto CD.

Better waste TIME than MONEY+TIME..
8X=10min... think in this way...
80min. = 1x
so... @8x = 10min.
@12x = 7min... so on

To optimally write a cd PLEASE WRITE @ 16X or lower... essentially @least 1/4th da readin speed of the drive u wanna play it on... i.e. if u wanna play on a 48X reader... write @ 48/4 = 12X speed or lower. GOT IT.....

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Seriously Dude.........

Ur question is weird..........1st u say its a VCD(MPEG1)........then u talk abt not having the ri8 codecs........ :?

Dude......if its a VCD, the problem is with ur CD-ROM or wateva.........

If its a CD with an *.avi file on it, then u do need codecs...........To know all about codecs n where to download them...........

CLICK ON THE LINK IN MY SIGNATURE............ :p

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Download GSpot from here :
*www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html

and then run it on the files to make sure they're videoCD streams in MPEG-1. It will tell you if you need a codec. Also reinstall DirectX and try using another media player to see if it plays on that.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Use some other media player mate

Use some pro stuff like Jet Audio !

It sure plays everything that u could imagine!
Well.............Almost !!!

hafees

In the zone
As koolbluez said it may not be a codec problem. IF u 're sure that ur CD contains an MPEG or .dat movie then it should be playable by Mediaplayer and Power DVD. Power DVD even plays some erroneous VCDs that cant be played in Media Player. I suggest u a method. try this.
Try copying the file from the CD to the Hard disk. If it can be copied then it should be playable. Most probably it will throw u some errors. If the error occurs in the last stage only(only 10 or 20 seconds remaining)and if u're using Win 9x then hit CTRL + ALT + DEL and kill the COpying .. process. now try to play the copied file. It should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom