Unable to play VCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi

I have a P4, Win XP machine with a CD-RQ and OEM version of Nero Express 6.

Recently, I bought a VCD. When I tried to put the CD on the drive and try to view the contents, it is shown as a Blank disc.

I tried to make an image, but no use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reagards,
Ramprasad

phatratt

In the zone
maybe u r cheated,the seller must have sold u blank disks.See if can record anything on it also see the howmuch space it has and left.Try playing it in a VCD player.

blacklight

Journeyman
try visual inspection
look at the shining side of the CD to determine whether it has been written or not.

and checking it by playing it in a VCD player is a good idea

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
ramprasad said:
Hi

I have a P4, Win XP machine with a CD-RQ and OEM version of Nero Express 6.

Recently, I bought a VCD. When I tried to put the CD on the drive and try to view the contents, it is shown as a Blank disc.

I tried to make an image, but no use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reagards,
Ramprasad

chk if u can play other cd's. if yes then the cd is corrupted. if it cant be played even on vdp players then get it exchanged from the shop. they usually do not promise of it playing on compu but yes ofcourse of being played on players.

anandk

Distinguished Member
i too have winxp/sp2, nero6. but do u have the requisite codes ? i did not, hence was unable to see the vcds/dvds. u either have to download them or instal 'cyberlink powerdvd'. it installs the codecs too. now i can see the vcd/dvd movies. u may also have to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom