Unable to install soundcard drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadpulse

Broken In
Hey guys,
I m new to this forum and i think i will not get disappointed here. I have bought new sound card Creative Xtreme Music costing 7000 bucks and Logitech Z5500 speakers. So, now i was installing sound card drivers and it dont even hanged. It just keep on showing loading and installing... and dont proceed further. So, i tried copying files to hard drive but it didnt work too.. Could you help me in this?? I am not getting those drivers on official website of creative.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
same problem i was facing with Onboard Audio:D, but the reason for this in my case was Windows XP Pro (non SP2).

so make sure you have XP SP2 (that is if you're havin XP) before installing 'em:)

shantanu

Technomancer
so first try n install SP2 if you dont have ,and after that take out your card and reinstall it in the PCi slot.. after that Disable Onboard Audio..... thats the nost important part,, after that remove your Audio drivers of your onboard sound card and then clean your registry with a registry cleaning tool... than try installing the drivers

OP
deadpulse

deadpulse

Broken In
s18000rpm said:
same problem i was facing with Onboard Audio:D, but the reason for this in my case was Windows XP Pro (non SP2).

so make sure you have XP SP2 (that is if you're havin XP) before installing 'em:)

Well, if you are talking about SP2 i have installed SP2 as well as XP is updated till today.

swap007

Right off the assembly line
Remove any previous sound drivers of your onboard sound card in Safe Mode.Then go to the system bios and disable your onboard sound card. Then install your new sound card drivers first without pluging in your sound card. After installation install your sound card.Reply me if it works.

goobimama

 Macboy
You gotta disable the soundcard from the bios....And make sure that card is fit properly into the slot. The soundcards generally don't cause any problem in booting up if not fitted properly, but they wont install just as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom