Unable to install any flavour of linux on FIC mother board!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
I have a system which have recently bought. The motherboard is from FIC model no. AU11. I face problem installing linux in to it. I have installed Linux previously on other sytems so i am no noob in installing linux.
When I tried to install SUSE 9.1 given with the latest digit it gave me an i/o error and the kernel paniced so i am unable to install it.
I have also tried to install FC but that also dosen't work.
But I am able to run the knoppix 3.3 live CD sucessfully. But I am unable to install it. plz help...
I doubt the motherboard is the culprit! I am not able to install drivers for win98
too from there CD. Infact i can't find where the driver is located.

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
The very fact that Knoppix works says that motherboard and CD drive are not the culprit... Please provide more input as to what really caused error .... before every kernel panic, kernel prints what exactly happened... note them down and post it ....

It could be an issue with hard disk detection.... since knoppix does not require a hard disk... and setup program of other distributions probe for the presence of hard disk before installation.... certain strangte SATA/PATA drives also cause issues due to lack of device drivers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom