Unable to get caller ID No. on screen of All-in-one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvspawaiya

Broken In
I am having a HP 4255 All-in-one which also have the caller id facilty. I am getting caller id on my phone in the home and same line I have connected to All-in-one also. However, I am unable to get the caller id (means the no of receiving phone ring) on its screen. Its screen displays only "ringing". I have tried as per manual and put the caller id "on" as suggested in the manual. Still it is not coming, only 'Ringing' is being displayed. What to do?

devarajan

Journeyman
rvspawaiya said:
I am having a HP 4255 All-in-one which also have the caller id facilty. I am getting caller id on my phone in the home and same line I have connected to All-in-one also. However, I am unable to get the caller id (means the no of receiving phone ring) on its screen. Its screen displays only "ringing". I have tried as per manual and put the caller id "on" as suggested in the manual. Still it is not coming, only 'Ringing' is being displayed. What to do?

Dude if have caller id phone mean u won't get see the person's calling number u must go to ur local telephone exchange and there u give a requestion letter to them regarding the need of caller id facalite's and the y will process ur letter and activate that facalite in one or two day's then u will be able to see the person's calling number.....understand????Any problem reply :cry: :cry:

::vicky::

In the zone
devarajan said:
rvspawaiya said:

Dude if have caller id phone mean u won't get see the person's calling number u must go to ur local telephone exchange and there u give a requestion letter to them regarding the need of caller id facalite's and the y will process ur letter and activate that facalite in one or two day's then u will be able to see the person's calling number.....understand????Any problem reply :cry: :cry:

YES!!! sir plz request the exchane if u r using mtnl then the service is activated i dont know but in new delhi they are giving this service for free

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
@devarajan
@::vicky::
guys pls read what rvspawaiya has posted....
"" HE HAS CALLER ID FACILITY @ HOME " !!!

make sure...
>> U have used the telephone cable that came with the printer...(once happened that i used a diff cable,nd it wasnt working)

>>what is the setup like @ur home/office...
the ideal setup shud be that AIO shud be connected to the wall outlet/telephone jack directly,and frm line out of the printer the telephone shud be connected...make sure u have the same setup.

>>do u have an answering machine also...??

>>try be removing all the handsets frm the telephone line and just connecting the printer...and see if it displays any number...

if all the above fails just go to
www.hp.com
on the top change the country to india,
enter the model number in the bottom search bar..
and on the next page choose the option ...
talk to technition...u'll be connecetd to one-to-one chat session ( used to be like this some months back..havnt checked since)
i think the only thing he will require frm u will be serial number of the machine ...(starts with S/N,located @back of printer)

nd do tell us what happened!!!

happy faxing!

:))

OP
R

rvspawaiya

Broken In
grinning_devil said:
@devarajan

make sure...
>> U have used the telephone cable that came with the printer...(once happened that i used a diff cable,nd it wasnt working)

the ideal setup shud be that AIO shud be connected to the wall outlet/telephone jack directly,and frm line out of the printer the telephone shud be connected...make sure u have the same setup.

Thanks grin for the sane advice. I would try and contact hp website.
regards, rvsp

>>try be removing all the handsets frm the telephone line and just connecting the printer...and see if it displays any number...

www.hp.com
talk to technition...u'll be connecetd to one-to-one chat session ( used to be like this some months back..havnt checked since)
i think the only thing he will require frm u will be serial number of the machine ...(starts with S/N,located @back of printer)

happy faxing!

OP
R

rvspawaiya

Broken In
rvspawaiya said:
grinning_devil said:
@devarajan

make sure...

www.hp.com

happy faxing!

Thanks grin for the sane advice. I would try and contact hp website.
regards,
rvsp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom