Unable to connect to router

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikramk

Broken In
Purchased a Netgear WGR614 wireless router today. While trying to set it up on my PC (wired connection), found that I am unable to access "www.routerlogin.com" as mentioned in the setup CD. So basically I can't even configure the router, let alone use it to share my DSL access with my laptop.

The LAN connection's TCP/IP properties are correctly set as "Obtain IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS....automatically".

I am using a Triband connection from MTNL. Has that got something to do with it?

Help would be much appreciated. It's quite frustrating to buy a new toy and not be able to get it to even start!!!

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
VPI shud be 0 and VCI be 32 in ur WAN configuration.
PVC shud be Pvc0.
in LAN ur ip address shud be 192.168.1.1
try using these and reply.
the above configuration mentioned is for the router

and for the ur LAN properties tht is for LAN card DNS servers shud be 203.94.243.70 and 203.94.227.70 preferred and alternate respectively.

if tht doesnt help tell MTNL engineers to config the router for u.

OP
V

vikramk

Broken In
Thanks Ankur

Thanks for your help Ankur. Turned out to be an ip address conflict between my router and the modem, so was able to resolve with the help of Netgear support. Extremely annoying, however, that Netgear should not have even addressed the problem in their documentation / setup CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom