Unable to burn 2+GB ISO file with Nero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I am Unable to burn ISO file using Nero 6.6 EE.... it give this error

*img409.imageshack.us/img409/3446/untitled8cu.th.jpg

now this is a 2.6 GB ISO image.... i have never burned such big ISO file... althoug smaller 600 MB ISO can writen easyly... now is this file has any problem or problem with Nero??

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
The file your burning doesnot have any problem it is the limitation of the iso9660 file system.

Even if you try to burn any avi file larger than 2gb you will face same problem...

Regards...

thrash_metal

In the zone
Are you sure of the limitations ? cause i have many iso images over 4Gb (DVD's) and they do get properly burnt !!!! No probs .

expertno.1

Technomancer
shivranjan is absolutely right

its the limitation of the iso9660 file

you have to go for the udf file system which is apt

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

Use ISOBUSTER to extract all files/folders from the .ISO to you hard disk. Or, mount it using Daemon Tools and do the same.

Use Nero to burn these backed up files/folders.

Keith

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Use ISOBUSTER to extract all files/folders from the .ISO to you hard disk. Or, mount it using Daemon Tools and do the same.

its a bOOTable DVD ISO... now if i do extract it then i am afraid that i might not b able to find the boot image to write it as BOOT disk...

PS. Mods pls move it to Softwere TroubleShooting section...

Kniwor

Learner
Then just use alcolhol 120 to get it into udf.. it sud be easy...and it will still remain bootable

C

cybermanas

Convert it to udf file system and you will be able to burn the image,using nero.

saurav_cheeta said:

its a bOOTable DVD ISO... now if i do extract it then i am afraid that i might not b able to find the boot image to write it as BOOT disk...

PS. Mods pls move it to Softwere TroubleShooting section...

That complicates things a bit. Like Kniwor said, you could open it with Alcohol and save it to a different format - UDF, Alcohols .MDS. Try burning it with Alcohol.

Keith

triangle

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

You can use other burning tool, for example ISO-burner utility. It works great and is free. It is extremely easy to use so you can give it a try
*www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm

royal

Padawan
I have also faced the same problem twice. However the iso files in my case were not bootable and hence I extracted them with Ultra ISO and burnt them with NERO as data DVD.

In your case however, Alcohol would be a good option :cool:
Or you can also try out Img Burn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom