Unable to access Registry Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwin_ka

Broken In
Help!!!I used to edit the registry entries from time to time in my system..its having Win Xp Home Edition(SP-2).today when i typed regedit in the Run Command,the folowwing error appeared..
Registry Editing has been disabled by the administrator
i never did anything to the registry to show this msg now..aim using nod32 antivirus..wat can this be due to and how do i get regedit to work again?thanx a lot..

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
its a virus called "Brontok"

It has two vresions
1. Brontok.H
2. Brontok.Q

This virus basically disables the folder options from the tool menu, n disables our access to Registry. U can get rid of this virus using Kaspersky.

This virus generally affects the windows drive. So if u format ur windows drive then make sure u do not back up anything from that drive n it is found mainly in the my documents folder.

have a nice time

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
codename_romeo said:
its a virus called "Brontok"

It has two vresions
1. Brontok.H
2. Brontok.Q

This virus basically disables the folder options from the tool menu, n disables our access to Registry. U can get rid of this virus using Kaspersky.

This virus generally affects the windows drive. So if u format ur windows drive then make sure u do not back up anything from that drive n it is found mainly in the my documents folder.

have a nice time

Easy man!! No need to format Windows for a simple rontok virus... See my tut on how to deal with these sort of viruses in the tut section. I'll write a special tut to remove rontok soon...

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
khattam_ said:
Easy man!! No need to format Windows for a simple rontok virus... See my tut on how to deal with these sort of viruses in the tut section. I'll write a special tut to remove rontok soon...

I think i said that i got rid of it through Kaspersky . Many of my frends ended up formattin their pc

OP
A

ashwin_ka

Broken In
Type gpedit.msc in RUN dialog box and goto:

User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System

in right-side pane, set "Prevent access to Registry editing tools" to either Not Configured or Disabled.

hey vishal i tried doing this to re enable registry but it didnt work..i am using win xp home edition..i also tried doing the reg value u gave to type in the Run dialog box but it also didnt work..so i dont think it would work...is there any other way that i can enable reg editing?awaiting ur quick reply..thanx a lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom