unable 2 install nvidia 7300gs

Status
Not open for further replies.

radonryder

Broken In
I recently bought this nvidia card.bfore I used to use the intel82915 onboard graphics controller.so I uninstalled it.then i inserted the card in the slot.
no display.then i removed the card.i started the comp and
the intel gma controller(the ver that came with my comp is present)
I donno what 2 do.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Have you disabled onboard graphics from the BIOS and see if the new card is properly detected by the BIOS.

mehulved

In my case I just had to go to BIOS and there was onboard shared memory or something of the like, I just had to select disable in it's options.

sorry to interruot but SUPPOSE IF THE GUY DISSABLES THE ONBOARD GRAPHICS AND THEN ALSO THE CARD DIDNT WORK THEN IF HE IS NOT KNOWING HOE TO DISABLE THEN WILL HE BE ABLE TO CLEAR BIOS CHECKSUM TO GET THE SETTINGS BACK BETTER HE SHOULD CONTACT A HARDWARE DEALER FOR CARD INSTALLATION..

mehulved

well if the card doesn't work, then just resetting the BIOS jumper will help, AFAIK cos I didn't install the card properly the first time and that helped me.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Genius_mod said:
sorry to interruot but SUPPOSE IF THE GUY DISSABLES THE ONBOARD GRAPHICS AND THEN ALSO THE CARD DIDNT WORK THEN IF HE IS NOT KNOWING HOE TO DISABLE THEN WILL HE BE ABLE TO CLEAR BIOS CHECKSUM TO GET THE SETTINGS BACK BETTER HE SHOULD CONTACT A HARDWARE DEALER FOR CARD INSTALLATION..

If the card doesn't work, it is as simple as unplugging it and changing the Bios back to the default and saving it by pressing a button like F10. No need of clearing Bios or removing battery or shorting by jumper.

Wow So Easy !!! If He Removes The Card And Onboard Is Disabled Then The How Come He Set The Bios Defaults Back... Pity Full Answer
My God Only Thing Which Can Be Done Is Clearing The Bios....
No Display Will Be There

tech_your_future said:
And clearing the BIOS isn't a big deal man. It's just a small work of a couple of seconds.

i agree to you but i am only saying in respect to the answer @janitha gave

tell me if i am wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom