Ubuntu Tweak : Easy Managment Tool For Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/19152_7gkg2/ubuntu-tweak-icon.png​

Ubuntu Tweak is an application designed to config Ubuntu easier for everyone.It provided many usefull desktop and system options that the default desktop environment isn’t provided.At present, It is only designed for Ubuntu GNOME Desktop, and often follows the newest Ubuntu distribution

1. Features of Ubuntu Tweak
  2. View of Basic System Information(Distribution, Kernel, CPU, Memory, etc.)
  3. GNOME Session Control
  4. Auto Start Program Control
  5. Show/Hide and Change Splash screen
  6. Show/Hide desktop icons or Mounted Volumes
  7. Show/Hide/Rename Computer, Home, Trash icon or Network icon
  8. Tweak Metacity Window Manager’s Style and Behavior
  9. Compiz Fusion settings, Screen Edge Settings, Window Effects Settings, Menu Effect Settins
  10. GNOME Panel Settings
  11. Nautilus Settings
  12. Advanced Power Management Settings
  13. System Security Settings
The .deb installer has not been created properly , download the Source Code and compile it by doing this :
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]Extract the Zip
[*]Open The Terminal
[*]cd /path/of/the/folder
[*][B][B]python setup.py build[/B][/B]
[*][B][B]sudo python setup.py install[/B][/B]
[/LIST]
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/19151_i6ggq/Screenshot%20Small.png*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/19141_nf88s/Screenshot-1%20Small.png*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/19142_ciypx/Screenshot-2%20Small.png*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/19143_qinkn/Screenshot-3%20Small.png*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/19144_exk7x/Screenshot-4%20Small.png*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/19145_0qsmh/Screenshot-5%20Small.png*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/19146_v0nrq/Screenshot-6%20Small.png*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/19147_qwgvq/Screenshot-7%20Small.png*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/19148_dauou/Screenshot-8%20Small.png*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/19149_em5wo/Screenshot-9%20Small.png *www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/19150_s6odh/Screenshot-10%20Small.png

Home Page : Ubuntu Tweak--Let's tweak ubuntu!
Download : Downloads | Ubuntu Tweak

very soon, I will once again be dual booting. Ubuntu (Mint actually) for eye-candy and easy usage via gnome, for my family, and Arch with KDEmod for me. Windows XP may be no more soon. :D

^^WTH you are still using Windows ! I have left using it in 2005 :p
I am not using it. Its just installed there and stays where it is - without ever being booted into. Windows is a living dummy in its partition, but I still need it because of <<<link<<<THIS>>>link>>>. :(

Thanks !!! Will include it in my next AptOnCD pack.
I remember. You enjoy making CD packages. :smile:
Instead, I just install each and everything I need, and apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade && apt-get install -d xyx the rest, and throw everything into a DVD via AptOnCD, and keep it for backup.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I recall once I played with Ubuntu tweak so much that i ended up reinstalling my system cause I screwed the settings up that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom