Ubuntu -restricted drivers installation help

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3060

A LOTR fan
please help me . .
its asking to put the dvd . . Ubuntu 7.10 gutsy gibbon dvd . . i have the damn dvd in the thing . . its not detecting it :-(. its this months digit dvd . .

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Read the other thread I posted this there *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=690891&postcount=21 .

Let me know if it works.

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
i cant check out today :-(. . i will do tomorrow . . oh and one more question . . whats the root password for Ubuntu ?. . and how to show my d , e , f. . drives ? its not listed under mnt :-(

oh and i dont think its cause the dvd is not getting recognized . i guess its cause digit has wrongly named the dvd . they have put some "december something " instead of name :-(. anyways , i will give a try tomorrow :)

right now am back with mandriva 08 . . :)

Last edited:
OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
what about my other queries :) . . not detecting other driver and the root password . .and how to log in as root . . i downloaded nvidia latest driver . when i run in terminal ,it says you should run as root . . how to do that ?. . when i did it in mandriva it said "ls " missing and something also . . i ran that package from desktop though . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom