Ubuntu - Free shipping of CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Hello.

I wanted to know whether the people at Ubuntu are really serious in shipping free CDs across the globe?

If yes, is it safe for me to place a free order?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Absolutely safe bro :)

i ordered my Ubuntu CDs from here: *shipit.ubuntu.com/ and got a set of 5 packs (10 Cds) in jus 3 weeks from international courier to my doorstep (Mumbai) and that too Free of Cost!!

So u can place ur order on this site and get ur Free Ubuntu CDs :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

reddragon

In the zone
how many of u order 100s of free ubuntu CDs only to think I have something BIG and all the CDS end their life at the room corner

reddragon

In the zone
thats the way.... @tech_your_future u r one of the most sensible guy in this forum . see the free_CD thread ..the number of hits . everybody think himself very BIG when lots of CDs come to their home only because it is free .

I guess those who ordered 10s of ubuntu CDS only >5% of them loaded and using Ubuntu .I am writing to ubuntu about this fact .

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I ordered just one cd set and they sent me a five cd set. each set has two cds one live and one installer.If source codes are required then i guess you have to download it from their server.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Dear Apollo, its absolutely safe to order CDs from shipit. We have ordered 50 CD set for our students at MU and successfully recieved them without any issues.

gamblin

Right off the assembly line
With Ubuntu 7.10 due to be released in a few days’ time, *shipit.ubuntu.com/ is now offering free CD shipping to all users who wish to own a personalised Ubuntu 7.10 - codename gutsy gibbon - CD. This facility is provided to users all around the world!
ShipIt lets users request Ubuntu CDs, which will be posted at no charge. Users can to obtain free hard copy of the CD, instead of downloading the installation image file right from the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom