Ubuntu 8.04 Beta "Hardy Heron" released

Status
Not open for further replies.

PcEnthu

Linux Learner
Steve Langasek has announced the beta release of Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron": "The Ubuntu team is pleased to announce the beta release of Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Long-Term Support) on desktop and server. Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop edition features incremental improvements to familiar applications, with an emphasis on stability for this second Ubuntu long-term support release, and is easier than ever to try out with the new Wubi installer. Ubuntu 8.04 LTS server follows in the footsteps of Ubuntu 7.10 with even more virtualization support and security enhancements - enabling AppArmor for more applications by default, improving protection of kernel memory against attacks, and supporting KVM and iSCSI technologies out of the box."

Source: DistroWatch

Bonus: A Ubuntu derivative named "PUD" GNU/Linux which is based on Ubuntu 8.04 :D is also released. BTW its a mini distrubution.

vista__n00b

Broken In
Some time back I saw some really cool GUI plans for Ubuntu 8.04...you know some demo screenshots with cool "planned" theme and stuff. Will that kind of GUI be available with 8.04 or will it be just plain old boring kind of Ubuntu once again? Any info?

Ubuntu needs some serious GUI l33tness. It sucks in comp to Vista & OS X.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
similar thread is also in tech news section
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83016

Some time back I saw some really cool GUI plans for Ubuntu 8.04...you know some demo screenshots with cool "planned" theme and stuff. Will that kind of GUI be available with 8.04 or will it be just plain old boring kind of Ubuntu once again? Any info?

Ubuntu needs some serious GUI l33tness. It sucks in comp to Vista & OS X.

The plan has been postponed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom