Ubuntu 6.1 servers slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunak

Tux Fan
I mm downloading the iso of kubuntu EE but the maximum download speed imm able to get is 20KBps [that too from a french server.]
Where as for Ubuntu DD imm getting a speed of 28Kbps
Is there any alternative mirror [unlisted] i can use?

Imm on a 256Kbps line.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Use Bit Torrent or any of its client, because torrents are gen. more fast than the mirrors. snipped*www.torrentz.com

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
shaunak

shaunak

Tux Fan
Have spent 6hrs so far. The max speed i was able to extract was 23Kbps. Will finishing downloading in a couple of hours. Maybe the EEft mirrors are slow or overloaded.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
they may be overloaded because Ubuntu 6.10 is freshly launched. But 23kbps is the speed on mirror or on torrent?

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
get it from the official canonical mirror, i downloaded on the second day of release, 7-8 kBps constant on dialup (considered good on dialup), finished in 40 hours flat.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Chester, You downloaded Kubuntu 6.10 using a dialup? 40 hours flat??
Better get yourself a broadband connection (Airtel preferably). 40 hours using a phone line is very expensive!!!

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
JGuru said:
@Chester, You downloaded Kubuntu 6.10 using a dialup? 40 hours flat??
Better get yourself a broadband connection (Airtel preferably). 40 hours using a phone line is very expensive!!!

no airtel boadband here, waiting for it to launch here & don't wanna go for bsnl one.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
That's really sad. Hopefully your city gets Airtel broadband in the near future.
Yes, broadband is not available everywhere in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom