Ubuntu 6.06 'Dapper Drake' Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback

Ubuntu, which has become one of the world's most popular Linux distributions in recent years, launched its latest version on June 1 following months of intense testing. The new release is titled Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (Long Term Support), and has a specific emphasis on the needs of large organisations with both desktop and server versions.
*www.ubuntu.com/news/606released
*www.ubuntu.com/download
enjoy Debian!!!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
E.T. said:
is it freely distributed like the earlier versions.
Yes of course.
I did a distupgrade from earlier 5.10 version. It has now caused problem with my internet connection and soundcard. I need to explore more for changes but the first look was really good.

prakash kerala said:

Ubuntu, which has become one of the world's most popular Linux distributions in recent years, launched its latest version on June 1 following months of intense testing. The new release is titled Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (Long Term Support), and has a specific emphasis on the needs of large organisations with both desktop and server versions.
*www.ubuntu.com/news/606released
*www.ubuntu.com/download
enjoy Debian!!!

where are you man it was released long back,now shipping has also started.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
shri75 said:
Dude, it was released on 1st June 2006
Do you consider 2 days as looong time?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
shri75 said:
I think you have misunderstood since they started taking orders for shipping Dapper Drake long time back. But, it was released on 1st June. They shipped the cd's too around that date. Or maybe you were thinking of beta releases as final releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom