Ubuntu 5.10 "Breezy Badger" released

Status
Not open for further replies.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
The Ubuntu team is proud to announce Ubuntu 5.10. This is the official Ubuntu 5.10 release, and includes installation CDs, live CDs, and combination DVDs for three architectures.

Ubuntu is a Linux distribution for your desktop or server, with a fast and easy install, regular releases, a tight selection of excellent packages installed by default, every other package you can imagine available from the network, a commitment to security updates for 18 months after each release and professional technical support from many companies around the world.

Source- *www.ubuntu.com

Finally.. it's here!

Download it from here....

*www.ubuntu.com/download/

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
me too. been quite sometime since i ordered. wonder they held the shipping coz they gonna be launching the new version soon.

planetcall

Indian by heart
I wonder why ppl didnt post back their experiences after breezy installation. I installed Breezy today morning and I must say it rocks. Thought the desktop doesnt appear too different because Ubuntu never has too much thing on the desktop. Though Breezy is a big step ahead of hoary. All my windows drives got detected automatically. The new Gnome is really HOT and is much better. I do not need to crave for KDE anymore. The new OpenOffice2 is Kool. It is really a nice experience and is no way less than Windows in terms of the look and beauty. Linux RoKs!!*img25.echo.cx/img25/5546/sc0877dq.gif

godsownman

Padawan
planetcall said:
I wonder why ppl didnt post back their experiences after breezy installation. I installed Breezy today morning and I must say it rocks. Thought the desktop doesnt appear too different because Ubuntu never has too much thing on the desktop. Though Breezy is a big step ahead of hoary. All my windows drives got detected automatically. The new Gnome is really HOT and is much better. I do not need to crave for KDE anymore. The new OpenOffice2 is Kool. It is really a nice experience and is no way less than Windows in terms of the look and beauty. Linux RoKs!!*img25.echo.cx/img25/5546/sc0877dq.gif

How did you get it .Looks like you downloaded it 8)

Anyway I Have ordered the CD's , awaiting delivery :)

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
i downloaded the gnome 2.12 live cd (which is breezy badger itself). And on first impression it is real cool. looks simply great!!!

planetcall

Indian by heart
Ubuntu Rocks

Yeah! It was hard for me to wait for the CDs. It has been over a month. So I finally decided to download and it was just a matter of night!! Go for it guys. Dont waste time wating for the CD. Grab it while its HOT. The new Gnome is really cool. There are many changes and now I dont crave for KDE. The only thing is that they should support more eye candies. It indeed rocks :)

Satissh S

Youngling
Yesterday night, I d/l ed it in the happy hours. Installation was smooth. The only problem was my nvidia card. Seems like ubuntu has a lesser version of gcc. I had to manually install gcc 3.4. And nvidia driver wont install without it.
1. The entire look has been improved. In applications menu there is ubuntu logo and not the Gnome Foot as it was earlier.
2. The booting is not traditional black screen with white text rolling. This time it's similar to Windozee with ubuntu logo and progress displayed below.
3. Synaptic package manager has been improved. There is a simpler way of adding programs in the form of menu structure.
4. Support for NTFS partitions enabled by default.
5. Gnome desktop is smooth and straight forward as usual.
6. Default Email client is Evolution 2.4.1 and browser is Firefox 1.07.
7. Open Office .Org 2.0 (1.9 Release candidate)is much faster than the in SuSe. Seems like it runs better in gnome.
8. Ubuntu update manager rocks too. It gives you the option of installing additional updates right after the installation.

Satissh S

Youngling
Here are a few screenies
*img500.imageshack.us/img500/663/screenshot7en.th.png
*img496.imageshack.us/img496/3758/screenshot42jk.th.png
*img498.imageshack.us/img498/7506/screenshot33in.th.png
*img498.imageshack.us/img498/9871/screenshot22wl.th.png
*img496.imageshack.us/img496/7682/screenshot16ko.th.png

Satissh S

Youngling
Yes.. It's the default wallpaper for breezy. I installed a few themes and look now, :) 8)
*img491.imageshack.us/img491/6251/screenshot7tj.th.jpg
Edit: Oh forgot to mention, We can install Eclipse. VLC, Mplayer , Anjuta and virtually any software using the webupdate. It's simply superb. I'm Really lovin' breezy.

kato

Karthiksn
i have ordered for the CDs i guess this wud be my first linux as i left the idea of using knoppix after a very bad experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom