ubisoft's kick ass lineup for this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

satanlives

Journeyman
ubisoft has just unleashed its lineup for this year and its so freaking awesome here are the details

Ubisoft Announces Kickin' Line-Up
Splinter Cell 4, Ghost Recon 3, Prince 3, and a Lockdown delay: look now!
by David Adams

March 17, 2005 - In one massive wallop, Ubisoft today announced its line-up for its new fiscal year, which begins in April. Among the hot title announcements are Splinter Cell 4, Ghost Recon 3, Prince of Persia 3, and tentatively-titled Killing Day, a first-person shooter for next-generation consoles.

Most immediately, Ubisoft will delay Rainbow Six Lockdown to the first half of its new fiscal year (i.e., after March), as the company is already seeing strong orders for titles shipping by the end of the month (think Splinter Cell Chaos Theory). Ubisoft hopes Lockdown will jump-start the new fiscal year, as the company expects the title to sell 1.5 to 2 million units during the first half of fiscal 2005-2006.

During the same period, Ubisoft will ship Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Far Cry Instincts, and a new urban street-racing title, 187 Ride or Die, all of which are major titles for the company.

Moving into the holiday season, Ubisoft steps into overdrive, releasing new titles in most of its key franchises, including a new Brothers in Arms chapter, Ghost Recon 3, Prince of Persia 3, and the game tie-in to Peter Jackson's King Kong film. Both Ghost Recon 3 and King Kong will hit "next-generation consoles," which given a holiday release, almost certainly means the next Xbox system.

Though the post-holiday period is usually quiet, Ubisoft will offer Splinter Cell 4 for current and next-gen consoles, two new Might & Magic titles for PC, as well as Killing Day, an FPS designed specifically for the next generation of hardware, and with which the company "plans to demonstrate once again its technological lead and highlight the capabilities of the new consoles."

All told, during its fiscal 2005-2006 Ubisoft will launch 32 titles, including three for the DS, five for the PSP, and four for the new Xbox system (though we suspect this won't be the only next-gen system in play). The company is aiming for a 12 percent increase in sales and an operating income of more than €55 million for the new fiscal year.

What we've summarized so far are just the big highlights. Here's the full list from the company, with standard (non-fiscal) calendar dates:

Q1 (April - June 2005)
- Lumines (PSP)
- Bomberman DS (Nintendo DS)
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (Nintendo DS, GBA)
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown (Xbox, PS2, Cube, PC)

Q2 (July - September 2005)
- Lunar Genesis (Nintendo DS)
- AA Rise of a Soldier (Xbox, PS2)
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 mission pack (Xbox)
- Far Cry Instincts (current-gen consoles)
- World War II Squadron (working title) (Xbox)
- The Settlers Heritage of Kings add-on (PC)
- Prince of Persia Warrior Within (PSP)
- 187 Ride or Die (Xbox, PS2, Cube, PC)
- Myst V: End of Ages (PC)

Q3 (October - December 2005)
- Alexandra Ledermann 6 (PC)
- AND 1 (Xbox, PS2)
- New Brothers In Arms title (Xbox, PS2, PC)
- Far Cry add-on (PC)
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 3 (Xbox, PS2, Cube, PC, next-gen consoles)
- Peter Jackson's King Kong (Xbox, PS2, Cube, PC, Nintendo DS, PSP, next-gen consoles)
- Prince of Persia 3 (Xbox, PS2, Cube, PC, Nintendo DS, GBA)
- The Settlers mission pack (PC)

Q4 (January - March 2006)
- Silent Hunter 4 (PC)
- Heroes of Might & Magic 5 (PC)
- Splinter Cell 4 (Xbox, PS2, Cube, PC, PSP, next-gen consoles)
- Product with Might & Magic brand (PC)
- To-be-confirmed title (Xbox, PS2)
- Killing Day (working title) (next-gen consoles) [\QUOTE]

Taken from *pc.ign.com/articles/596/596817p1.html?fromint=1

for me the best game among the lineup has to be POP3 :p

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
OMFG! :shock: Ubisoft is definitely on a roll. Dang! How many people do they have developing games for them? :D Anyways, I am really looking forward to PoP3, Ghost Recon 3, Far Cry Instincts and Rainbow Six Lockdown, not to mention the new BIA title. Well, that pretty much confirms that the XBox will definitely ship this holiday season, doesn't it? :D Well, that news just sealed the fate of my XBox purchase. I will definitely wait until next year for the XBox 2.

vysakh

Padawan
I am also looking forward to POP3. POP 1 & 2 were brilliant and i expect that POP3 is gonna be a lot better.

geek_rohit

In the zone
No Formula 1 Racing Simulation :(
When will we get a good Formula 1 game for PC. We havn't got any game after the F1 2002 and GP4 :(
Ubisoft too last had a F1 game long time back.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Maybe that's coz not many people Interested in formula racing....

Everyone is crazy about HL2, Doom III, Splinter Cell, Chronicles of Riddic kinda games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom