two problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shasta

Broken In
hi everyone
i ve windows xp sp2 installed on my c partition.

whenever the scandisk runs it shows about 5 mb of bad sector on c drive. i ve formatted the drive but it still is the same but the system is running fine. what shud i do?
will the bad sectors increse or is it harmful for the hard disk.

no 2. when i write cds , nero gives the message that my drives r not in DMA mode. but when i enable them in dma mode my cd rom stops working. how do i disable this message from nero

Manojap

Broken In
every hard disk had bad sector..computer "defragment" will help you
When u turn it DMA mode, use a retart /reboot ur system

legolas

Padawan
scandisk seems to hav only shown u the badsector amt on ur hardisk but not fixed them. u hav to fix the badsectors so that they dont get expanded. also its not advisable to install an OS on a bad sector drive.. atleast when not fixed(i wudnt recommend it even after). go to safemode and run a surface scan using scandisk or chkdsk. it wud fix the sectors located bad.

/legolas

choudang

Padawan
1/ do a boot time defragement [diskeeper or other defregment tool

2/ go to device manager ....IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers-- right click for properties at Primary IDE channel go to advanced setting and change the transfer mode to DMA if Available.... it will detect automatically the DMA mode..... restart the pc

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Bad sectors may increase over a period of time due to data errors and stuff.
However, it isn't easy to recover bad sectors from a hard drive.
You may use some specialized software such as HDD Recovery instead of old Windows recovery program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom