Two PCs and a network

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitinjavakid

Broken In
I have got two PCs each with a Lan card and would like to get them connected to each other so that i can play lan games and also transfer files.

How do I do that :?:

I have windows XP SP2 installed on both the PCs.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
same thing.
but more easily explained
My frnd NITIN got TWO PCs
Both having lan port. connected phisicaly by lan wire
NOw he wants to hav a network b/w d two PCs so tht he can easily share files also browse net frm both PC.
IS their any remedy for this.
PLS suggest

dissel

Cyborg Agent
nitinjavakid said:
I have got two PCs each with a Lan card and would like to get them connected to each other so that i can play lan games and also transfer files.

How do I do that :?:

I have windows XP SP2 installed on both the PCs.

Just purchase Some CAT5 Cables.....Lengths are acording to your needs.....Climp the RJ-45 Sockets both side....and the cable arrengement must be In Cross-Over.....

Now go to the Network Connections Window....it is under the Accessories--->Comunication--->Network Connection.

Open the Properties{Right clicking the Lan Cards ICON}.....and select the TCP/IP Settings--->Properties--->Specify Ip Address....

Now Enter this -->
For 1st PC
TCP/IP:-192.168.0.10
Subnet Mask:-255.255.255.0
other fields you may leave blank

For 2nd PC:
TCP/IP:-192.168.0.11
Subnet Mask:-255.255.255.0
other fields you may leave blank

You must set the both comp in the same work group.....by using the system properities--->computer name tab---> change work group....(expl:-nitinjavakid Home)...thats all.

After succesfully excute the ping command in both PC .......you are in your private network(peer-to-peer)......Enjoy :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom