1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Two PCs and a network

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by nitinjavakid, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitinjavakid

nitinjavakid New Member

I have got two PCs each with a Lan card and would like to get them connected to each other so that i can play lan games and also transfer files.

How do I do that :?:

I have windows XP SP2 installed on both the PCs.

2. ymhatre

ymhatre New Member

same thing.
    but more easily explained
    My frnd NITIN got TWO PCs
    Both having lan port. connected phisicaly by lan wire
    NOw he wants to hav a network b/w d two PCs so tht he can easily share files also browse net frm both PC.
    IS their any remedy for this.
    PLS suggest

3. dissel

dissel Active Member

Just purchase Some CAT5 Cables.....Lengths are acording to your needs.....Climp the RJ-45 Sockets both side....and the cable arrengement must be In Cross-Over.....

Now go to the Network Connections Window....it is under the Accessories--->Comunication--->Network Connection.

Open the Properties{Right clicking the Lan Cards ICON}.....and select the TCP/IP Settings--->Properties--->Specify Ip Address....

Now Enter this -->
    For 1st PC
    TCP/IP:-192.168.0.10
    Subnet Mask:-255.255.255.0
    other fields you may leave blank

For 2nd PC:
    TCP/IP:-192.168.0.11
    Subnet Mask:-255.255.255.0
    other fields you may leave blank

You must set the both comp in the same work group.....by using the system properities--->computer name tab---> change work group....(expl:-nitinjavakid Home)...thats all.

After succesfully excute the ping command in both PC .......you are in your private network(peer-to-peer)......Enjoy :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.