Two CPU in a single monitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nil_3

In the zone
I have two CPUs, one old and the other brand new, the first one is used for surfing/downloading purpose and the other one is used for multimedia work. I do not want to purchase separate monitor, keyboard and mouse for want of space. Recently, I found a Switch(called KBM switch) of Chinese make(Rs. 550/ for two, Rs. 1700/- for four) which can support two CPUs by a single monitor, keyboard and mouse. I just want to know the experience of some actual user.

ishaan

Padawan
well...really long ago..i had a sega megadrive...in those days the video game was attached to a TV using the RF cable...not composite...so it was a pain removing the cable wire and putting the game wire in everytime

then i found a similar switch ware i put in the cable connection wire and the sega wire..and only 1 wire went to the TV...so watever i wanted 2 use, i jus switched the switch to that

i no its totally different but that switch worked totally fine for me...

planetcall

Indian by heart
I used somethin ishaan talked about a few years ago when I wanted to see the local doordarshan with my cable. I used that splitter which allowed me to switch from antenna to cable and viceversa.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
yes..it will work fine and will do ur work just fine by removing the need for a seperate monitor/IO devices nd all...
i enquired abt it @my place,its for 475/- ...

theraven

Technomancer
its called a KVM switch
Keyboard VGA Mouse
and i suggest u dont go for a chinese make one ... but yet if ur short on cash .. try it

devarajan

Journeyman
theraven said:
its called a KVM switch
Keyboard VGA Mouse
and i suggest u dont go for a chinese make one ... but yet if ur short on cash .. try it

Why don't u suggest chinese make???Is the quality is less???Can u explain the reason theraven ???

janitha

Wise Old Owl
theraven said:
its called a KVM switch
Keyboard VGA Mouse
Now a days we get almost every thing Made in China. Even reputed Japanesse brands. So how can you make such a comment? Correct me if I am wrong.

V.Prem Kumar

OP
nil_3

nil_3

In the zone
Purchased one KVM Switch(switch costs Rs. 350/- plus two sets of cables costs Rs. 150/- each). Only chinese brand is available in Kolkata. Working fine. Only problem is when I am working with one CPU and the other CPU is completely disconnected from power, the motherboard light(the small light that is on-board the MoBo) is glowing, but no fan movement, nothing else. This power is coming from the Mouse-line(ya, I have checked it). Will it harm my second motherboard?

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
We don't have problem with products made in China.
Even The Indian Multinational i.e. Videocon makes all TVs in China.
The thing to look out for is "who is controlling the QC dept.?" This makes all the difference.
I will never buy a product of comapny named HACHUONG, YAIUONGD etc.

And consider this, AMD is going to makes CPUs in AndhraPradesh. So...

OP
nil_3

nil_3

In the zone
Well, please give reply to my second query. I am very much worried about it.
nil_3 said:
Purchased one KVM Switch(switch costs Rs. 350/- plus two sets of cables costs Rs. 150/- each). Only chinese brand is available in Kolkata. Working fine. Only problem is when I am working with one CPU and the other CPU is completely disconnected from power, the motherboard light(the small light that is on-board the MoBo) is glowing, but no fan movement, nothing else. This power is coming from the Mouse-line(ya, I have checked it). Will it harm my second motherboard?

digen

Youngling
I'm using a Dlink KVM 4 port KVM switch.

Works like a charm,the only problem is if I want to make a switch between say comp1 & comp2 I've to reach for the button which is located on thre front panel of the switch.

I believe more recent newer models come with a Hotkey combo which can let you make the switch right from the keyboard.

digen

Youngling
I dont know how much a new one costs,I bought a second hand one with cables & all for 800 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom