Tweaking BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well tweaking Bios is a Delicate process....and any wrong step can make it unusable.....

there have been many articals in digit about Bios Tweaking....also u can read more here
*www.hardwarecentral.com/hardwarecentral/tutorials/82/1/

Here is the A to Z about bios
*www.systweak.com/tweak/

medigit

In the zone
krishna lord is right .u r not a baby that we will spoon feed u.atleast take the BIG :lol: pain of googling for the software download

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
medigit said:
krishna lord is right .u r not a baby that we will spoon feed u.atleast take the BIG :lol: pain of googling for the software download
No u r wrong, i am a 14yrs old boy not 41 yrs old like krishnathelord. haven't u seen his avatar.

saROMan

QA Juggler
:shock: :shock: :shock: did u say 14 ????..... sorry dude...i ddnt knew that ..... well wil b glad to solve any of ur problems ..provided u give google a try b4 posting ;)

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
saROMan said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: did u say 14 ????..... sorry dude...i ddnt knew that ..... well wil b glad to solve any of ur problems ..provided u give google a try b4 posting ;)
What's so shocking can't a 14 yr boy can access the forum or is it illegal.
Well, yes i said 14 and it'll be 15 on the 8th of June.
Well i'll certainly search google.
Thanx :wink:

D

Deleted member 5901

HAppy 2 know KIDS VISIT FORUMS NOw-a-days !!!

WHEN i started off in '97 it was either Emailing or chatting for Few minutes !!!NOTHING ELSE !!! The rates being very high at that time !!!!

ANyway A LATE WELCOME 2 U !!!

CHEERS !!!

anomit

In the zone
It would be better if you would tweak your BIOS manually than using canned tools. But nobody can advise you on how to tweak ur BIOS just by reading ur post. You have to mention whether its AMI, AWARD etc. and the chipset you use.

Specificity helps.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well i just recieved a bios update from vaio for my laptop.it has to be manually installed. bit scared shud i do it or not cos once i fried the mobo of my desktop doin it.

what do u guys say ?

anomit

In the zone
Now, you should perform the BIOS flash only at a place where you can get uninterrupted and non-fluctuating power supply. Though UPS would be of a great help but even then when the supply switches from the line to the battery during a power cut, you can consider it as a fluctuation in power supply for the comp. So.....

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
anomit said:
It would be better if you would tweak your BIOS manually than using canned tools. But nobody can advise you on how to tweak ur BIOS just by reading ur post. You have to mention whether its AMI, AWARD etc. and the chipset you use.

Specificity helps.

Well thanx. i'm also thinking of tweaking it myself.
Below is my BIOS specs.

[ BIOS ]

BIOS Properties:
Vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Version 6.00 PG
Release Date 05/28/2002
Size 256 KB
Boot Devices Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM, ATAPI ZIP, LS-120
Capabilities Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD
Supported Standards DMI, APM, ACPI, ESCD, PnP
Expansion Capabilities ISA, PCI, AGP, USB

Anything special there?