Tweak Kde?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
installed Kde 2 days ago on my ubuntu, it looks beautiful but its even more sluggish than gnome, i tweaked gnome by random searching tips and tewaks for gnome and made it a lot better. but as to my knowledge there are very less tips available to tweak kde.

so
1. How do i make it fast?
2. Stopping unused services that automatically start up at every boot will help? If yes, how do i stop them?

thanks in advance :)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Read this *wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Performance Tips. eddie should be able to help you for more. I remember him posting a minimal looking KDE. So, it would be good to wait for him to give further tips. In the meanwhile read these.

eddie

El mooooo
Launch kpersonalizer (Press alt+F2 and then type kpersonalizer in it). Set your language and system behavior settings. When it comes to performance part "eyecandy-o-meter", move the slider all the way down to "Slow Processor". Then click on "Show Details", make sure that check box against "Smoothed Fonts (Antialiasing)" stays checked.

Keep a smaller sized wallpaper. If you apply none then that is even better. Reduce the number of virtual desktops by right clicking on Pager Options. Try these few things and follow the link given by tech_your_future. It should help. Also, Ubuntu is a GNOME based distro and its packages are optimised that way. Try to use a KDE distribution like Mandriva, Kubuntu or OpenSUSE for a more optimised KDE experience.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Chester, You can add another 256 MB RAM. That will make KDE load applications faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom