Tv tunercard: Advise needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjaykulkarni

Right off the assembly line
How is the performance of tuner cards? In rapid moving objects (eg fast running man, karate fighting, or even lip movement while talking fast) do u feel likes frames dropout( or something like that), the movement of picture is not smooth as compared to watching it on TV? DO reply for my buy decision. Is this problem with every tuner card? Is there any solution?

NikhilVerma

Padawan
i tink it's the problem with every tuner coz i and my broter have different tuners but the frame rate is quite slow...

But there is a solution ..
Use a less heavy OS like windows ME and on my pc the frame rates are great!!!

suave_guy

pedal to metal
I use Pixelview tv tuner and my o/s is winXp, but i haven't experienced any dropout of frame rates irrespective of the scene....

What is the resolution at which u guys watch tv....and also the graphics card??

Btw i play at 1024X768 resolution and have a geforce2 MX graphics card.

Also make sure that you have latest capture/tv tuner device drivers....

Enjoy!

OP
S

sanjaykulkarni

i tink it's the problem with every tuner coz i and my broter have different tuners but the frame rate is quite slow...

But there is a solution ..
Use a less heavy OS like windows ME and on my pc the frame rates are great!!!

Thnx 4 response. Which TV tuner cards do u have? How to use Windows ME OS for tuner in Windows XP? How it will prevent frames dropout, I have dood system(P4, 2.8 Mhz, 256 RAM etc.). Do U have graphic card too?

OP
S

sanjaykulkarni

suave_guy said:
I use Pixelview tv tuner and my o/s is winXp, but i haven't experienced any dropout of frame rates irrespective of the scene....

Enjoy!

I too play on1024x768 resolution, but do not have grafic card. I have v good configuration (P4, 2.8 Mhz, 256 RAM, Integrated grafic2 (shareed ram 64 MB), but only 14-16MB RAm is used when checked in used resorces, This leads to conclusion that no extra RAM ( graffic card too ??) required. Can u pl. dissable graffic card & check the problem. If u get the same problem, then I will make buy decision for graffic card.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Since Windows XP is very heavy on system resources fram losses ae bound to happen

Just install the Tv Tuner drivers and application on me and everyting will work fine!!!

OP
S

sanjaykulkarni

ajittalwar said:
no such problem with my pinnacle tv tuner card.

Can u pl. dissable graffic card & check the performance. If performance then drops, the problem may be due to "no Graphic card" in my PC & then I may have to go for graphic card

JAK

What the Heck !
suave_guy said:

Enjoy!

I second that...

I have a Pinacle PCTV Pro and I use Winxp..but I hav never come across things like frame droping....

OP
S

sanjaykulkarni

blade_runner said:
Ur Ram (which is also shared so 256 - 64 = 192Mb available) might be the reason for dropped frames. Get a new RAM stick.

It should not be the problem. The consumed RAM is only 13-15 MB. The intigrated graffic card tkes memory when required (from available 256 MB !!)

S

spykids_666

try the pinnacle stereo tunner card. i have tried it and it works fine. i also use it to record the movies from the private channels

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
sanjaykulkarni said:
blade_runner said:
Ur Ram (which is also shared so 256 - 64 = 192Mb available) might be the reason for dropped frames. Get a new RAM stick.

It should not be the problem. The consumed RAM is only 13-15 MB. The intigrated graffic card tkes memory when required (from available 256 MB !!)

I was pointing out to the lack of ram on ur system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom