TV Tuner cards + vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

comrade

foreign return(0)
i got a compro videomate TV card...which am not getting it to work under vista rtm(with the latest drivers)...
now am ready to get one more TV tuner card provided if vista supports that card..when i googled i found haupage tv cards are the only one that vista supports....but its availability in india is a hitch.
plz suggest me some tv tuner card with native support for vista or it should work with appropriate drivers installed?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Wait until the final version of Vista is released and then see if your card works. Just because it doesn't work with the Beta/RC versions doesn't mean it won't work with the final one.

OP
comrade

comrade

foreign return(0)
i tested with rtm release which is supposed to be the final version...isnt it? already my creative live 5.1 value doesnt work..& creative already stated that support for live card was stopped.
it seems vista doesnt supports too many hardware i think

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Still wait for the final version. Why waste money on new hardware when you might not even need it?
Vista drivers aren't easily available because Vista hasn't been released. Once that happens driver availability won't be such an issue.

OP
comrade

comrade

foreign return(0)
drvarunmehta said:
Still wait for the final version. Why waste money on new hardware when you might not even need it?
Vista drivers aren't easily available because Vista hasn't been released. Once that happens driver availability won't be such an issue.

even if i get drivers its going to be a modded one if they really think of giving any support they should have done it prior with the pre release versions.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Thats sad that old hard ware such as creative sound cards & other tv tuner cards dont work, I hope that RTM is the final version, they wont change code after that before any service pack is launched.

shantanu

Technomancer
creative sound card audigy 2 series and above are VISTA supported and nvidia is also making vista sompatible TV tuners.. and RTM is the final release version of VISTA ... no difference

OP
comrade

comrade

foreign return(0)
pity that onboard sounds like cmedia realtek & nvidia got drivers pre-installed but top quality soundcard like live value not even has secondary drivers from either microsoft/creative.
forget about audigy 2 & above...but did any of the onboard solutions so far offer better sound than live value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom