TV tuner 4 widescreen 20inch LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Guys can you please suggest a TV tuner for widescreen 20 inch lcd monitor 1680 x 1050.

Is external better or internal?

I got Gemini LCD TV tuner (external) but it does not work with the set top box, it does not pick up signal from STB, does these tuner require anything different to work with the set top boxes or DTH services like dish tv or tata sky?

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Waiting for the answers & reading other post I get to know that mine does not have recording option, so I am returning it.

I need a internal/external (whichever u suggest) with recording option so when I am out missing the TV program, it can record TV using media center in mpeg 3/4 or divX.

Pinaccle is one of them but not sure how will it work with my STB & 20 inch LCD combo.

Need suggestions.

Ch@0s

In the zone
Get a Powercolor ATI Theater 550 Pro or a Hauppauge WinTV 150/250. Either will cost around 4.5 grand. Both are MCE compatible and have hardware encoding support.

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^Both are vista compatible. Pinnacle sucks. It uses a 9bit ADC whereas the ones I suggested have a 12bit ADC. Both of these are waaay better in video quality.

premsharma

In the zone
Ch@0s said:
Get a Powercolor ATI Theater 550 Pro or a Hauppauge WinTV 150/250. Either will cost around 4.5 grand. Both are MCE compatible and have hardware encoding support.

Where do we get these? Please indicate dealers ....

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I called up few dealers but they dont have any of these, will check with few more specilly for the ATI theater, the specks looks nice.

vakubhai

Right off the assembly line
I have a Hauppage WinTv PVR150 with licenced win mce, also have a IR Blaster(got with the card). I need some info on how to control the stb(TATA SKY) using mce remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom