Tutorial:How to Super Secure your files!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chetan1991

Youngling
:D Hi to all!This is my first tutorial.I had posted a challenge for veterans in QnA section which was completed by only one member and not many veterans answered it.So here's the method I super secured a file:D :
:idea:
What you need:
1. WinZip or WinRar or any other such utility.
2. A file splitting software(here FileSplit-a veeeeery old software)
3. Uncheck "hide known file type extensions" in
Tools->Folder options.->View in any window

Procedure:
1. Let's start with a file "to be secured.*(any extention)"
2. create a folder with any name.
3. insert the file in it and zip it and change the extension(to any name).
4. using file splitting software,split the file into 2 parts.
5. The software may name the two files by similar names,so rename them.
6. Keep one file on your HD and other on a CD,DVDetc..
7. Now delete the original file and the file from the HD which you copied to removable device.keep only 1 part of the file there.

;) Now you have a super secured file which ONLY you can open by :
Copying the 2nd file to HD and merging it with 1st file already presnt there.
Renaming the merged file to right zipped extension and extract the file.

;) You may also try many other combinations to make people scratch their head!!!!:D :D :D

If you liked this tut,then please repute me,I badly need it!!

amitava82

MMO Addict
dude simply create a password protected rar file.. why break head with all these complected steps...?

amitava82 said:
dude simply create a password protected rar file.. why break head with all these complected steps...?

No buddy, i have seen many software which can easily break rar files password very easily(Nothing bad in this , just informing u.). Therefore the method which Chetan told is far more better than password protected files bcoz the other person will not find the second part.

@Chetan1991

Already knowing this trick but useful for others.

rep for you.

amitava82

MMO Addict
^^ i know there are many softwares for breaking for rar passwords. but those works good only for 2 to 4 letter passwords with alphanumerical characters. say if you create a rar file with 5 or more letter ASCII characters (eg: @Q%n#), it is practically impossible to break. if you want to try i can give you a rar file, just break by password.. ;-)

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
What I do is to create a rar archive with a password. After doing this, I add this .rar file to another archive giving another password. This process can continue if you want different layers of protection :eek:

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Thanx for the response guys!!!
The password method can be broken and all the people know it,that is why I used this method.Can any one open the first part without the second one?
I dont think even a world class programmer can do that.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
^^^
Good one. already knew it.....but i still prefer creating a virtual encrypted folder using CryptoExpert and store all the important files there instead of breaking each file into two......
Anyways..reps for you! :) Keep posting...

47shailesh

Security Exp
To me following post is a great resource

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50473

Compare it with this one

47shailesh

Security Exp
Chetan1991 said:
:D Hi to all!This is my first tutorial.I had posted a challenge for veterans in QnA section which was completed by only one member and not many veterans answered it.So here's the method I super secured a file:D :
:idea:
What you need:
1. WinZip or WinRar or any other such utility.

3. insert the file in it and zip it and change the extension(to any name).
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Why to mess things do you really need zip....

just using a splitter will do.. even no need to change the extension..

additionsal steps are waste of time...

karnivore

in your face..
Sorry to deviate but has anybody ever used Folder Lock.

Actually i was using it for quite sometime, but then i started to notice some problems, e.g. in "run", if i typed the path of any folder/file, Folder Lock would simply prevent it from accessing, whether or not it was protected by the FL.

Also, i use ADRC sata recovery tool. But i could not run this application on the drive which housed FL.

Then one fine day all the data stored in FL simply vanished.

Priviously i used Cryptainer ME or something like that. It created only 25 MB of virtual drive, which was not enough to store.....u know what:D

I am now simply compressing my files with winrar with a password and it is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom