Tutorial – Changing hair color using photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg47

Technomancer
In this tutorial, we are going to change the color of the hair in a very easy way.
*img227.imageshack.us/img227/5812/tutja1bh5.th.jpg
Before

*img157.imageshack.us/img157/6248/tutja2zt3.th.jpg
After

Here we go, you can choose any one’s photo(I chose Jessica alba)
1.Open the photo in photoshop
2.Click on the brush tool and hit ‘Q’ for masking.
3.Now choose your own size of the brush and start brushing all over the hair.
4.After you complete brushing all over the hair, hit ‘Q’ again to turn off the masking.
5.Now, the area excluding the hair is selected. Go to Select menu and click on Inverse or hit Shift+Ctrl+I.
6.Now, the hair is selected, Go to Layer>New Fill Layer> and click on Solid Color.
7.A new Layer dialog box appears, give a name, change the mode to Soft Light and click OK.
8.The color picker box will appear, choose your own color like brown, red, pink etc.
9.This trick can be applied to any other parts like skin, lips, eyes etc.

Please leave you comment on this tutorial and add rep points plzz.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Re: Tutorial – Changing hair color using photoshop.

Hair color (or for that matter of fact) anything can be easily changed to any other color simply by selecting that color range and making a hue variation.

Another method is using the selection tool. Lotsa methods... just use ur imagination.

Good try, though.

Sample this:

*img181.imageshack.us/img181/2007/davebatistaorigjf4.th.jpg --------------> *img206.imageshack.us/img206/1179/davebatistahulkbv0.th.jpg​
That's Dave Bautista... a WWE performer. He becomes The Incredible Hulk with highlighted blu hair!!!
Took max 10min.

Last edited:

tehnogeek

Broken In
Re: Tutorial – Changing hair color using photoshop.

i tried it but i am not able to get as fine image as yours ...those fine hairs are not visible in my image...only a complete fill appears.... can u help ....

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
*img224.imageshack.us/img224/9039/a702so9.th.jpg​
This collage dates back to the time JLo was hot & famous. Around 2004 beginning, when I started dabblin with Photoshop seriously.
JLo was wearin the white fishnets on the left. I gave her a red outfit. It gelled so well that I made this splfx pic of the original dress & the new dress and put a small logo in the middle :D
I lost the original pic & only have a smaller one now, which I somehow interpolated to 1024x768.

If anyone wants the smaller 480x360 master pic, just private message me.

Last edited:
OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
tehnogeek said:
i tried it but i am not able to get as fine image as yours ...those fine hairs are not visible in my image...only a complete fill appears.... can u help ....

May me you have made a mistake here,
6.Now, the hair is selected, Go to Layer>New Fill Layer> and click on Solid Color.
7.A new Layer dialog box appears, give a name, change the mode to Soft Light and click OK.

After you click on the Solid Color, a new layer dialog box appears, THERE CHANGE THE MODE TO SOFT LIGHT
then you should get it.

Another method is using the selection tool. Lotsa methods... just use ur imagination.

Good try, though.

Sample this:

*img181.imageshack.us/img181/2007/davebatistaorigjf4.th.jpg --------------> *img206.imageshack.us/img206/1179/davebatistahulkbv0.th.jpg​
That's Dave Bautista... a WWE performer. He becomes The Incredible Hulk with highlighted blu hair!!!
Took max 10min.

But, the trick i have shown can be used to change the hair color to any desired color and ONLY HAIR. The trick you have shown also works, but the color of the body also changes.:D And the trick i have shown took and will only take approx 5min.

Last edited:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
cyborg47 said:
But, the trick i have shown can be used to change the hair color to any desired color and ONLY HAIR. The trick you have shown also works, but the color of the body also changes. And the trick i have shown took and will only take approx 5min.
Cyborg, boy, mine too'll take only 5 min. And my trick didn't change color of body & hair simultaneously. I changed both separately. First I changed hair color. Then I thought why not add a HULK look?!!!!
That's 2 tricks in one. So it took some time.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
koolbluez said:
Cyborg, boy, mine too'll take only 5 min. And my trick didn't change color of body & hair simultaneously. I changed both separately. First I changed hair color. Then I thought why not add a HULK look?!!!!
That's 2 tricks in one. So it took some time.

oh i c, thats ok.;)

rajasekharan

Youngling
reps to both of you . . i am celebrating my excess of 200 posts , so reping all for the valuable suggestions they give :). take my reps both of you :) :) :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom