Try Vista Transformation Pack ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajas700

Youngling
Try Vista Transformation Pack ????It is good...

Code:
*www.tcmagazine.info/modules.php?modid=4&action=show&id=403

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
I think such posts shall b made in Software Reviews section instead.

Moderators, plz reply n tel me if i'm correct or wrong.

sahil_blues

In the zone
i downloaded it but its giving me this error: "Vista transformation pack detectd that there's any Window NT setup file in your c:\windows\\i386. It is not recommended that you continue with this. Please eject you Windows NT cd or move that folder somewhere else"

What the hell is this?? I have no cd loaded....

theraven

Technomancer
its cuz the i386 folder contains the original dll and other system files
a transformation pack replaces these and windows has Windows file protection which tries to replace them back
so there might be a problem
hence move the folder somewhere else
its not required to be in THAT directory

sahil_blues

In the zone
rajas can u post the screenshot after the vista transformation??....i applied it but it didn't change the shell theme....i am still using the default XP Blue :(

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
It sucks , making everything transparent does not make xp look vista. the only thing i got from this pack were some nice wallpapers , the themes provided were already in my themes database.
the sidebar sucks , it has practically no use. waste of time .the boot screen was awful . only the login screen was noce .

bah

sahil_blues

In the zone
exactly man....however i tried another vista transformation pack from Crystal XP and its quite good...u might wanna try... ~LINK~

Kniwor

Learner
man it's not that nice...on my primary rig i couldn't notice slowness but when i installed on my XP 2600+ which had screwd windows installation already...it screwed it all the more...

C

cybermanas

The transformation pack is sure to screw up the xp OS since it replaces essential system files.One thing can reduce the chances of it's screwing up files.Disable Windows File Protection before installing it.

theraven

Technomancer
transformation packs rule
and they tend to screw up systems only if the installer is corrupt or u choose to replace files which are not system specific versions
to be ont he safe side dont install the bootscreen and the logon screen since these could cause system boot up failures if done wrong !!
i love using transform pakcs mainly cuz of the SYSTEM ICONS
the rest i usually change using icon packager anyways ..
i just love the shell32.dll's packaged with it .. gives windows a new fresh look
the old system icons are really dull

so basically u can deselect everything but system files and u can use ur own vs and icon set and still have a kick ass mac setup ! ( or any other for that matter )
u have to be experienced in system recovery to be confident abt installin a TP ! but for me till date ..5 transform packs and not one install gone wrong

once the TP is installed the WFP dialogue pops up .. and the software CLEARLY warns u to wait 1 minute before cancelling it .. since cancellin it before or runnin it could cause the system to be corrupt
runnin any software should be done with head of warning given by it , and u should be safe

OP
R

rajas700

Youngling
sahil_blues said:
rajas can u post the screenshot after the vista transformation??....i applied it but it didn't change the shell theme....i am still using the default XP Blue :(

u can find screen short in :

*files.tcmagazine.info/windowsx/shrine/vitrans/vitrans.jpg

since i have reinstalled my os so i dont have the screen short..

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I like the theme in the screenshot, can some one tell me a way to get just the visual style?? maybe upload the .msstyles file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom