Trouble with the hard disk..

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyen_abrol

Broken In
Hi friends
I have a seagate 80gb hard disk...i bought an IDE to USB convertor from Nehru Place to connect it from my laptop...May the adaptor for the power supply to the hard drive was faulty...and the result of this was that there was a short circuit and kind of smoke came out from the hard disk...now when i connect it to the PC the power of the PC goes off...I know that i have spoilt it now....Can anyone suggest what to do now..is there any other alternative apart from buying a new hard disk...
Thanks

d

Journeyman
:lol: u cld send it to me...i've always wanted to look at what a hard disk's insides look like....

jk...nxt time u want a usb drive, get a usb drive like one of those 100 gb ones from seagate....they're unbeatable...

shariq_pj

Broken In
d said:
:lol: u cld send it to me...i've always wanted to look at what a hard disk's insides look like....

jk...nxt time u want a usb drive, get a usb drive like one of those 100 gb ones from seagate....they're unbeatable...

Come on man... Don't spill oil on fire... Poor fella Satyen_abrol...

Ur hard disk is gone for sure... As a last option call up the harddisk manufacturers service if anythin can be done to backup the data...

shaunak

Tux Fan
fumes = full data loss + replacement
as, fumes => heat =>loss of magnetic polarity.
and because magnetic polarity= data store
thus, == dataloss

its all a simple maths equation!

do you believe in miracles? if you do then
there may be a 1% hope for repair but other-98%-wise no chance.

[rest 1% chance that the hdd might be abducted by ufo's :lol: ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom