trouble tuning with comproPVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

leprechaun

Right off the assembly line
i just bought the Compro videomate Action Pro USB tv-tuner from nehru place for 3500 bucks... the image quality is stunningly brilliant IMO, but i'm facing this problem:
the auto scan function of the comproPVR does not seem to detect all channels. and whatever it detects, it latches onto just that one channel, even the channel up/down buttons dont help.. the channel number sure changes, but the content absolutely doesnt... sometimes the change does take place, but after two or three successful changes of channels, the program again hangs onto the last channel... i'm using the correct settings( i.e india, and PAL_B), but still this problem.. the transmisiion thru cable here is analogue, btw... and sometimes even the audio is also absent...
the fm radio seems to be working fine though, including the recording etc.(the recording is even working for the tv part aswell, for whatever channel the tuner is latched onto, but as i said i'm unable to change channels)...

i've tried reading the comproPVR guides from compro's webpage, but they are SERIOUSLY insufficient to help solve my problem...
guys please look into my problem, and please respond to me as soon as possible as the World Cup is well underway(the purpose for which i bought the card) and i'm still sitting unable to do any capturing and browsing... :(

my pc configuration is:
amd athlon 64bit 2800+(1.8 ghz)
MSI k8n neo motherboard
windows XP SP2(with latest patches installed)
512mb DDR ram
nVIDIA geforce fx5200 graphics card
realtek ac97 audio

OP
leprechaun

leprechaun

Right off the assembly line
guys help!... PLEASE... i just dont know how to determine whether my usb ports are malfuncrioning or the card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom