Transferring apps from one mmc to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
I have 6260 mob which came with a 32mb mmc card containing some sw like quick word and quick powerpoint etc. Now i want to change my mmc but still want those apps. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

T

titun

Can't you copy the applications to your PC via card reader, and then transfer them to new MMC ? Actually I don't know , only asking , is not possible that way ?

Or can't the apps be copied like music/videos/images ? I have never used a MMC.

kirtan

Journeyman
Once the applications are installed on the card u cannot transfer them onto a other mmc.The only option left with u is to find the applications installation files again.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
just copy paste the entire thing including the sytem folder .... 99% apps work .... havnot tried quick office apps but thru the pc using a card reader copy the entire mmc contents including the hidden folders ..... 99% apps work using copy paste method .....

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Try InstantSis. It should list the installed apps and generate sis files from it to send to some other phone. But, unfortunately not all apps are supported in it. If QuickOffice is detected by it then you are good to go.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
nokia will not help u coz they dont help in 3rd party applications .... secondly instantsis will only list the apps that u installed if u hav any apps that u copy pasted the sis or them will not b generated

Josan

Gangsta
i think that copying the system folder wil b the right option,coz as app installed in my 6600 mmc works wel when i put this in 6681

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Just go to nokia site they normally provide sis files for all softwares that came with ur fone (My 6630 softwares are available so your may be too)

OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
Instantsis didn't help .. neither did copy paste method .. i'll try the nokia site and get back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom