Transcend pendrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

topcat

Right off the assembly line
This is about non detection of my new transcend IGB JF V30 pendrive by windows xp. Initially it was detected at my office computer and i have unplugged it from the PC only after the safe to remove message was displayed. At home it is not detected at all as if nothing is plugged into the usb drive. I tried all the usb ports. If anyone has come across similar problems please advise. Thanks

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
hey i have the same one but no problems for me.maybe your trying on a win98 pc.if so then install the drivers given with it also make sure it's original or someone might have fooled you lol

the_player

Broken In
topcat said:
This is about non detection of my new transcend IGB JF V30 pendrive by windows xp. Initially it was detected at my office computer and i have unplugged it from the PC only after the safe to remove message was displayed. At home it is not detected at all as if nothing is plugged into the usb drive. I tried all the usb ports. If anyone has come across similar problems please advise. Thanks

Clean your USB port , maybe it has accumulated some dirt , the reason why your pen drive remains undetected.

in xp it must get detected automatically,
i think u havnt installed usb drivers for chipset....check whether ur usb port is working well wid some other usb devices.....& do tell.

OP
T

topcat

Right off the assembly line
Other USB ports are working perfectly. Could it be that the flash drive is malfunctioning. Thanks
Solved the problem. My home PC did not have High Speed USB controllers. So disabled it in BIOS. Now the flash drive is recognised by xp. I have not yet even upgraded to XP1. Is it possible to install High Speed USB controllers without upgrading to XP1 or 2. Thanks to every one who has viewed this thread and special thanks to all those who have suggested solutions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom