Transcend External Hard Disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilpai

Techans
I need to buy a 2.5 inch external hard disk as backup for my laptop.

I find that on these forums & on theitwares.com only Seagate FreeAgent & WD My Book hard disks are listed. Is there any advantage over buying these instead of Transcend? I am using Transcend external hard disks in my office & I love them.

Also what price will I get a 160GB external hard disk for? Is anything below 160 GB available in the market? If yes, then for what price?

acewin

Point Blanc
Last time my friend had checked he prices when he needed to buy external HDD, and I had suggested him buying WD Elements. The price he informed me of Transcend was 300-400 lesser than elements.
But I think there are two models in Transcend and once is costlier, that one has more sturdy build and I think is little costlier than WD.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Elements is crap. I've used it.. better get the WD Essential series. I'd certainly recommend Transcrend StoreJet, if you are willing to buy Freeagent then go for it. Its expensive, tho.

OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
Does the Seagate FreeAgent have any extra features? Or is it just a premium for the brand?

Secondly I also need to buy a casing for one of my old 3.5 inch internal hard disk (to convert it to a external USB drive)
Any particular brand I get just for the casings? Or will it be just unbranded stuff?

acewin

Point Blanc
isnt there something to report a post. this is not right section or right language to talk here. why using german and spam.

Besides I also have used essential, did not face any probs. what probs you got infra, I have recommended to other frns also, lemme know I will warn them of it.

get any of the local brands, you will find zippy's and gemini good in them though. Otherwise if you are a brand fan check techshopin or lynx's site you will find cases from Cooler Master
From Techshop.in

From Lynx India

Last edited:
OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
Just checked the prices in Croma yesterday:
WD Passport Essentials 160GB Rs. 4100
Transcend Storejet 160 GB Rs. 4400

Isnt there anything cheaper than this available in the market for a 160 GB drive?

acewin

Point Blanc
mate you are checking in Croma, that is why, check in local market and you can easil find good prices. And infra is right, as I already said, WD Passport 160 GB was around priced 3500 with taxes

OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
Finally bought a Transcend 160GB (new sturdier one) today for Rs.3500

For info: The WD Elements was also costing the same... Rs. 3500 and WD Essentials was only marginally higher at Rs.3650

@acewin; infra_red_dude : Thanks to both of you for your valuable assistance !! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom