tour in Linux , like watch and learn series . . (request)

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3060

A LOTR fan
hi all , its a suggestion from my side . . am new to Linux and i was wondering , instead of putting articles if some one can actually put a video that i can watch and learn on how to make mp3 work with out net connection . and things like that so that it becomes much easy for a new user to get started easily . like you have a tour in xp . . i hope it will make learning process much easy . please consider it as a request . .

if mods and others can contribute to it and gets featured in digit dvd, i feel it can really grow :) . .

any help ? :)

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Just read the ubuntu documentation man its soo easy

or Install Ubuntu and Press F1 .. I bet you will like the Help In Ubuntu !! I

About Multimedia and Net Forget it its too easy !
just play a mp3 file for 1st time .. it ask you to click next , next so just do it .. bingo !!

goto package manager .. ( like add remove in windows )

select the program to install from the list of 1000s of applications.. just click apply !

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
hey :). . thanks for the link . am gonna download some tomorrow :). . please give me more of such if ever you come across them . . its more easy to learn when you see someone doing it than reading :-(.

praka123

left this forum longback
...youtube itself got flooded with ubuntu things.but with flash video,terminal and commands may not be clear-as with their cameras!

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
right now in reliance and downloading videos from
*screencasts.ubuntu.com/

*screencasts.ubuntu.com/videos/20070911_updating_and_upgrading_theora_400k_vorbis_1280x720.ogg

the .ogg will work fine in KMP is it????
its a video file is it????

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
hey one more question

i got a reliance usb modem in my home , well thats a 9 hr journey , will be getting back next week...will i be able to connect to net with that ??

i will post it when i get beck home...:)

why cant the magazines include this sort of videos ??????...:(

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
what type of modem is it? Is it like Tata plug to surf? If so then you may find drivers. I support Tata bundles Linux driver with the package too :)

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
mine is a reliance modem , usb ...dono other details it comes with driver cd for win but not linux...
will get to the topic when i reach home next week..:)

*screencasts.ubuntu.com/

excellent , excellent excellent site...:)

can you masters post a video tutee on how to play mp3 on Ubuntu . with out net connection ? . . please :) also playing dvd . . i want a simple music player like foobar in windows . . and is KMP available for Linux ?

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
the solution is to read: *ubuntuguide.org
and regarding mp3 players there are even command line players like mpg321 etc.and winamp look alike like beep media player etc(dont use xmms!it uses old gtk1.2 libs)and rhythmbox and exaile are my preferred audioplayers.for video,there are Xine-ui,mplayer,Totem-gstreamer etc.
u have to install gstreamer plugins for mp3 all round support.for those without internet u can use AptOnCD which can install all these.search for user cadcrazy's post in open source section :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
x3060 said:
mine is a reliance modem , usb ...dono other details it comes with driver cd for win but not linux...
will get to the topic when i reach home next week..:)

*screencasts.ubuntu.com/

excellent , excellent excellent site...:)

can you masters post a video tutee on how to play mp3 on Ubuntu . with out net connection ? . . please :) also playing dvd . . i want a simple music player like foobar in windows . . and is KMP available for Linux ?
exaile is a good alternative to foobar in lunux, and guess wat u can play songs in foobar using wine in linux.

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
thanks mate . . am going to cafe tomorrow and will download all the offline files necessary . . could you please provide a link here ,so that i can download them tomorrow :). am on my phone now :-(.
and am looking for "foobar" like player . am not interested in flashy media player just to play music . .
what about playing dvd ?

sorry . little late :) . thats what phone does ;-). . thanks for foobar help . . i really like that player a lot :) :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom