Touch Screen or keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

alter_ego

Who me??
I have recently upgraded myself from a Motoming to Nokia E61i. I must say I am enjoying the feeling of punching keys all over again. While I admit touchscreens does have a Wow factor but as far as usability and power-savings are concerned, key based cellphone have a slight edge.
But then its a matter of personal choice, what you guys think?

vilas_patil

Journeyman
I personally prefer keypad over touch screen as am used to it since long time, and most of the touch screen devices need both the hands at work , i hate that. and as you rightly said it consumes a lot power......

Pat

Beyond Smart
Depends on whether you are a sms/email junkie! If you are, a physical keyboard is a must!!

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
I prefer touch screen.. as you said because of the wow effect and website scrolling as its a pain in keypad mobile.. Though i use n95 8gb but before buying it i really thought for going to some touch screen... but again technology(geeky) beat the WOW effect :)

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i'm ok with both cuz i use both types everyday.still i wud vote for touch screen due to their hand writing recognition abilities.also surfing experience is gr8 with touch screen fones especially with WM5 devices and Net Front 3.5 and Opera 9.5 browsers installed.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
There are touchscreens and then there is the iPhone’s (multi) touchscreen.

Normal touchscreens pretty much suck, but the iPhone’s is probably the best user interface for any handheld device ever.

x3060

A LOTR fan
touch screen for me...its easier to browse with it.
am not sms freek so no problem.and don't mind taking my own time to touch type,if thats the right word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom