Torrent searchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranavrahul

Journeyman
Can u guys please mention me some good torrent searcher. I downloaded a searcher named global torrent searcher but when i open it an error occurs!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
There's a good bittorrent extension for firefox. So, if you use FF then you can look for it. It sits on the browser window like google toolbar and such . You can just type in the name of the torrent you want and select the site name from the dropdown menu next to it.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Click on the search bar dropdown menu and choose 'Add Engines...'
Add the torrent related engines from the Mozilla site that opens.
I don't know if we're allowed to mention torrent sites, otherwise I would.

mehulved

*addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=864 here's the link to the toolbar. Or you can get it at many of the torrent sites.

hummer

Journeyman
try bearshare.it is better dan torrent as chances of gettin addware n spyware is less.n de searches r more refined one.

mehulved

But AFAIK bearshare's a big resource hog even more than azureus. I've heard of Azureus taking up about 200mb's but I've seen bearshare taking 400 mb or RAM on my friends comp and it always crashed my comp having 256 mb of RAM. So, I won;t recommend bearshare. Also, torents are better for downloading big file as they represent next generation of p2p. And, I've never come across false files in bittorrent but I have in p2p.

mehulved

Indyan said:
No need for softwares.Try this site
*ts.kurtubba.com/
IMHO I feel that this extension to FF is better cos it sits on ur browser ala google or yahoo toolbar style. So, its accessible as soon as you open the browser, whereas, you gotta wait for this site to open. But, neways it a personal preference. To each his own.
BTW thanks I can use it to search from my default browser - opera. :lol: :lol:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Torrentspy's Firefox search plugin:
*www.torrentspy.com/searchplugins.asp

I want thepiratebay's search plugin also. If anyone comes across the same, plz let me know.

rachitar

Journeyman
drgrudge said:
Torrentspy's Firefox search plugin:
*www.torrentspy.com/searchplugins.asp

I want thepiratebay's search plugin also. If anyone comes across the same, plz let me know.

The mozilla plugin has an option to search on Pirate Bay also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom