Torrent Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

IG

Journeyman
I am downloading something on torrent using Bittonado.
The thing is the file is 1.16 GB and though I have downloaded more than that the software shows I have downloaded only 20%;
total file size: 1194.84MiB
downloaded : 1234.21 MiB
19.6% (234.53MiB) is shown on top.I am unable to open the archive.
How do I resolve this?
Does MiB mean MegaBytes?
I have been downloading this file with an average speed of 10kBps over the last 24 hours or more.
*img130.imageshack.us/img130/9205/torr7st.th.jpg

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
IG said:
I am downloading something on torrent using Bittonado.
The thing is the file is 1.16 GB and though I have downloaded more than that the software shows I have downloaded only 20%;
total file size: 1194.84MiB
downloaded : 1234.21 MiB
19.6% (234.53MiB) is shown on top.I am unable to open the archive.
How do I resolve this?
I have one question.
Did you pause the d/l and resume it afterwards and BitTornado had to check for existing data?

Anyways it dont matter much. Keep d/ling. Also I think you have 0.3.7 version. D/l the latest 0.3.12, if you no a older version.

IG said:
Does MiB mean MegaBytes?
Yes. Or that's what I presume for a very long till now.

IG said:
I have been downloading this file with an average speed of 10kBps over the last 24 hours or more.
I saw the screenshot. Why do have kept dsl/cable settings? Keep "seeder" or "dialup". Don't you know that BSNL has the upload speed capped. You are uploading at a very high speed. Also your ratio is high. Mine wont go more than 0.150 : :twisted: :twisted:

Keep only seeder settings. You may get 28kBps average , subject to good torrent health.

OP
I

IG

Journeyman
dude....i have airtel 128 line now :D no caps.....
Used to get 28 and all on the old bSNL line.
and ur right I have the 0.3.7 version.
I did pause in between.
Anyways...will move to newer version and onto seeder....thanks!

drgrudge

Tushar, I think I know what you are downloading :p
HP? (Ok, never mind).
Why not a 256k line? It's nply 1k a month, if I am correct.

adi87

Journeyman
Hey???? wht do u mean by
[Edit:drgrudge]
No support for Illegal things or piracy.
Is limewire illegal???Wht bout Bittonado

wORm

Journeyman
I think peers are having trouble connectiong to your computer and are disconnecting before an entire packet is susccesfully transferred. So when your client fails to completely download a packet, it is discarded and is re-downloaded from another peer. Hence the huge amount of rubbish data.

OP
I

IG

Journeyman
ok wORm....what do I do do about this?
Should I disable my firewall? (I use ZoneAlarm).

OP
I

IG

Journeyman
I am getting a hash check failed message pretty often though.....Even with the 'wall disabled.

drgrudge

adi87 said:
Hey???? wht do u mean by
[Edit:drgrudge]
No support for Illegal things or piracy.
Is limewire illegal???Wht bout Bittonado
No using them is not illegal. I think you asked abt downloading illegal things. So no support of them in here.

@Tushar,
When you d/l, see how much data is lost. We can see that by clicking "advanced". But I dont think 1000mb will be lost such. Also as I have said before, when you resume a partially d/led file you might lose some data.

OP
I

IG

Journeyman
I see 7504KiB of redundant data discarded.....and its going up very rapidly.
If there are a lot of people sharing a torrent like this one will it mean that this much data will be lost?
Is there any way of preventing this?

drgrudge

You can't prevent that.
You have lost 7.5mb till now (ie extra d/l).

Yeah, if many dudes are connected this happens. I remember doing a similar torrent few days back. It had 400 seeders and 2500 leechers.

wORm

Journeyman
IG said:
I am getting a hash check failed message pretty often though.....Even with the 'wall disabled.

There could be a huge range of issues, but more likely is internet connection problems. If you have dual boot try downloading from another OS and check if rubbish data is still generated in a large amount.

rswain

Right off the assembly line
Try Forced download with Azureus. It will do an integrity check and tell you how much has been really downloaded.

Are you reporting the size that you get from the Windows Properties? Windows will show the file's size as full once it is logged for download, even if it is only a few Kb actually. I have had many such files robbing me of disk space and had to delete them when the seeds dried up.

10 Kbps speed is nothing to write home about - works out to only about 30 Mb/hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom