!!! Torrent Download Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
Hey there..

I am facing a wierd problem since a day. Whenever i click on any torrent to download it. It shows the below message..Am confused?

What might be the problem!! In Bwtorrents its working fine and also some like Torrentspy and Mininova are working good...

But some like Demonoid and Bitme.org are showing me errors.. Am posting abridged version of these errors...

Pls let me know what might be the problem....

Is it the browser - Opera (Unlikely coz i downloaded some from same sites before a day... but still thought might confirm)

or my O.S - Win 98 (Even this is unlikely)

Regards,
Dipen

In Bitme.org:-

d8:announce74:*www.bitme.org/announce.php?passkey=dfb30f5643eb0318cb6e30772c715bf47:comment37:Penguin Magic Showoff With cards xvid13:comment.utf-837:penguin Magic Showoff With cards xvid10:created by19:Azureus/2.2.0.3_B2913:creation datei1121510453e8:encoding5:UTF-84:infod4:ed2k16:ŠXðw=¿÷ÖÉiÚ©h¨qC5:filesld4:ed2k16:~¾
9Ùã¼�ߤïŽEOFËøÃ?ÀÙ¸‰/âÊ™zæ.èj³XZÂ¥z½¿<Ë
.-3«t>Gt:ÚZ¥
>œ˜Â»ÂºÃ?Âd=›Â¢#ùPêþãåÉ��äôB’SMQô\«åñMä²õ/ä®äÄVþâ¶á/øˆÂ´Gæî!Jö$ûË;¦WQ-§Wu]ÂA¢è®áòAÖeñ¼
,Ê�(¤PtFÒp:äþª±�FU:ømkþJ
EøÆ@kxj¿H:,cúŸ4*ýxÂ¥5ý
YÃ’X•Ã¾D…Ã?CˆÂ¦8u

In Demonoid :-

d8:announce41:*inferno.demonoid.com:3390/announce7:comment22:*tvshows.yoyo.pl10:created by13:µTorrent/140013:creation datei1141479776e8:encoding5:utf-84:infod5:filesld6:lengthi557e4:pathl45:!Info___www.tvshows.yoyo.pl___ (XviD asd).txteed6:lengthi119358564e4:pathl56:prison Break [1x11] And Then There Were 7 (XviD asd).avieed6:lengthi28794e4:pathl56:prison Break [1x11] And Then There Were 7 (XviD asd).txteed6:lengthi47e4:pathl40:Torrent_downloaded_from_Demonoid_com.txteee4:name48:prison Break [1x11] (XviD asd) EnglishV+NapisyPL12:piece lengthi131072e6:pieces18220:¼îgçuvõ4üûùé_"z`†Ã®G˜Â»9ùôŸjD�5_Býp#Ž Úß,Ƶ‹Þ©`H—á:[€
1qTõ‹€ŒÂ¸Q ӛògz•I"H=¦*¤6·6@dt
õ¡€3é²Ê¹r©:3ôdÃ?ê‰Ã?dáßÎPmôñXw©T¬yö–:šÃ½0~·Qº_�{œÃ?øÃ?÷Ã?Ió´hÃ?³¯èÓ©É
ÂæCveÃ?ÊO׊”HYzÃ?ƒT?z‚lÒ¼û—�²±-×Ã?î©4,פŸÃ£Â¢áíA(y4\Ã?ïÃ�~·%_öß
–ìnMCòÛ2#†ó87ŸÃŠÃŒŠÂ£F²

eddie

El mooooo
It is the problem with the mime type the sites are sending. They are sending the torrent files as text/plain instead of application/x-bittorrent. Opera is acting according to the mime type it gets and is showing you the contents of the torrent file just as it would do with a text file.

You can right click on the torrent download link and choose "Save as.." or whatever the opera equivalent is for saving the links. It will then allow you to save the file as .torrent.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
But the NEwer version of Opera has a built in bit torrent client so it should directly start dling in opera itself. For other clients Right clik-save as

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
What about the review.... i mean is it better than utorrent or Azureues...!! coz am thinking of switching over to... Opera BTC

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Opera BTC is just a rudimentary client with minimal features.You are better off using utorrent if u want more features.

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Ohk....btw just d/ed Azureus..

Well it tored apart my machine's memory at first... (PIII 64SD RAM) but then it was bit easy...havent tried any torrents on it yet..coz some are queued in utorrent..

Anyways...any idea whats the difference between UDP and HTTP.. I was to choose one of these for dowloading torrent from Demonoid...

Which one is better..or both are equal..??

Regards,
Dipen

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Dipen don't even think of using Azureus for ur PC. And opera bt client is still in a very nascent stage so it's not too worth trying out right now. Maybe final release of Opera 9 will have a bt client with better features.

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
:(:(

Uninstalled it in 5 mins.. Damn

1. It hanged Opera and so Opera --> Not Responding.

2. Screwed Winamp

3. After several lags and freezing when i started a download...it showed everything as fine but didnt start the download. Then i noticed that theres one Red dot in the bottom pane which said

Firewall/NAT Problem

Hell i said..dont need this shit

So straight away Uninstall :p . Well even tried Bittornado,dunno it never works properly. Properly in the sense either the speed is too less or it doesnt start the leeching itself...

So Utorrent as of now :p

Btw one more doubt.. Does Leeching more than 1 torrent at a time reduces overall speed of torrents..??

Anyways...any idea whats the difference between UDP and HTTP.. I was to choose one of these for dowloading torrent from Demonoid...

Which one is better..or both are equal..??

Regards,
Dipen

eddie

El mooooo
Anyone with < 256MB RAM and a slow CPU should not even touch Azureus forget about installing. It will kill a system with such kind of limited resources.

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Well heard it 100 times b4...but was curious...as much hullabo is made that Azureus is this..Azureus is that....It is fast...Hasf fails are very less..and so on...

So thought lets experience it..:p... for last time..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom