Torrent and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Well, this might go in some other section but as it is related to game so I thought to ask about it here.

Basically I am was downloading a game via torrent (my first time though :p) well it was downloading from 3 days but one day recently on power failure the UPS also ditched me (somehow thought it works super) and computer was off all instantly .

I am using Azureus as torrent client.
So my question is that if download is running and you cut uncleas power off then is it possible that Torrent can still keep data uncorrupted ie. should I continue downloaded or start all fresh download ?

I don't want that after 4-6 days of download I have currupt useless data !

In Azureus there is "FORCE RECHECK" option, I donno what it is , to it check downloaded parts for corruptino or do it check parts available to download from net ?

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
thats a lot of time u need for d/l games ... hope u r not doing any illegal stuff else this post gets reported.

i also use azureus and am able to d/l succuesfully even after an unclean reboot.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I am asking about Torrents ..

anyways..

Any other with working download even if their PC shutoff due to powerfailure ?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
At the end of your download Azureus will check the integrity of the file and redownload corrupt pieces if any. Same thing has happened to me several times. Each time the download worked fine.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@Ricky

Hey Dude .. Force recheck is used for checking the actual files you are downloading with info in .torrent
it can be used in many ways
e.g. you have a big torrent running may be in gbs
then you need to de the reformat .. & opens the .torrent file again with Azureus, then you can force check before you start download .. then it will resume at the level you left. so there can be many instance

another is in case you were downloadin a file .. which is 68% completed using bittornado... now you want to use azureus .. again it will come hande

So .. dont worry ur download will resume from the previous state

Azureus is filled with so many usefull features

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom