Topless swimmers make waves

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajivrocks

Broken In
Topless swimmers make waves

Stockholm (Sweden): A group of Swedish women is making waves by taking their tops off at public swimming pools in a protest against what they call gender-biased rules on swim wear.
About 40 women have joined the network and staged topless protests in at least three cities, said Sanna Ferm, 22, one of the founders of the group called Bara Brost, or Bare Breasts.
"The purpose of the campaign is to start a debate about why women's bodies are sexualised," Ferm said on Wednesday.
She said the fact that men can be bare-chested in public swimming pools but not women is "a concrete example of how women have fewer rights than men."
Reactions from other swimmers have ranged from support and encouragement to anger and even indifference, she said.
The network was formed after two women who were swimming topless in a public swimming pool in Uppsala, north of Stockholm, were asked to cover up or leave.
Women can sunbathe topless in the summertime at beaches around Sweden, which is known for its relaxed attitude toward nudity, but they are required to wear tops at public swimming pools.
Inger Groteblad, a manager at the swimming facility in Uppsala, said it was a matter of security.
"We want to make sure that girls don't get subjected to sexual harassment," she was quoted as saying by tabloid Aftonbladet.
The women have filed a complaint against the facility to Sweden's Equal Opportunities Ombudsman.

Source

praka123

left this forum longback
"The purpose of the campaign is to start a debate about why women's bodies are sexualised," Ferm said on Wednesday.
men are men!I hope women cannot understand this :D Men lives with testosterone which triggers i dont want to say all men know what it is. ;)
women should keep their feminism and gender equality to themself

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
this is never going to change...

but then i think... women have started wanting this... and men won't say no!!
:D they're gonna have an excuse that it is for gender empowerment :D

hehe

praka123

left this forum longback
@fun2sh:read separatist(radical) feminism as below that may be what they are upto:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separatist_feminism
^I hope u dont get panicked reading above link!

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
praka123 said:
@fun2sh:read separatist(radical) feminism as below that may be what they are upto:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separatist_feminism
^I hope u dont get panicked reading above link!
wat was there to panic. its all just AN STUPIDITY. THATS ALL.

THEY WANT TO ROAM NAKED SO LET THEM N SOON THEY WILL LEARN THEIR LESSON.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
fw days back I heard same sort of news.. lolz.
seems ppl are now eager to take off their clothes even outside their bedroom..

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
@ gigacore..

yes they're gonna do same in India.. but by then you will have to wear spectacles to see them.. :p

rofl :D

praka123

left this forum longback
I'd like to impose manu's rule(manusmriti if u care to know) to those white fa**ots!manu was right about women.if women empowerment comes(already came!) we will lose something called "family" in India.Women who are educated think more independent and they benefits but making the idea of family being eliminated like in west.
Best think for us Indians is to spread OUR culture to west,rather than embarassing every thing west esp the feminism and gender equality.women should be allowed to work,but without making kids and the family suffering for women empowerement.

praka123

left this forum longback
@santhosha:U have to.this is the age where u shud understand freedom too have limits.do u want to be a henpecked husband later in ur life?then learn the realities.in my community,women are increasingly seeking divorce for freedom!that's right.as u also may be belonging to some conservative south indian caste,u shud learn what women freedom means!women freedom and gender equality means women will overpower men as they are more efficient in work.even in IT!.do u want to lost the title of a husband and a father in later life by marrying a westernized women?think about it.not to u!all of u! :)
Women may be efficient,but that means men being dragged to do the service of women.do u like to be a peon(sipahi) of a lady boss?dont u feel ashame after all?
Dont think i am Orthodox.but the reality shows what it turns out to be! :-|

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ parka321, still i'm 18 :D no i dont have to worry about that... i've to concentrate on more on studies than marriage now.....

And when the time comes for me to get married.. i'll invite u to my marriage and u can see................... :D

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Agree with them women, men should be made to wear bra at swimming pools^^

Thay way we will be equal atleast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom