topics for project

Status
Not open for further replies.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys, I'm doing B.E in Computer Science and am now in 6th sem. This sem we hav to do our mini project.Can u guys here suggest some nice topics for d project. I wanna do something cool :p!!....plz help me*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/106.gif

Suggest some:
  • hardware based,
  • web based, or
  • app. based projects
I prefer to do projects in d following languages:
  • 32-bit C
  • C++/VC++
  • JAVA
  • .NET
  • flex
d first 2 r ma favorites,in Java and .Net am not dat geek, and flex I don't know nothing; just started studying it.

OP
j1n M@tt

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
guys I don't know wat happened ,I posted one but two appeared.........

plz anwser ma question instead of reporting so much*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/40.gif

OP
j1n M@tt

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
bump....

plz look up ma post and answer guys*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/104.gif

help help....

Last edited:
I did this last year as my project..
U can show controlling home devices using a cell phone. Like i had used a Nokia cell phone with bluetooth, n created a model of a house, with appliances like lights, fans, electronic curtains, oven, computer, etc. & had the cell phone send msgs to a PC.

Then, i wrote a program using vb.net 05 and kept it running on the PC. The program was such that, when a message was sent to the PC, a device in that house would start functioning.

All this was done using a parallel port cable, a bluetooth enabled phone, a bluetooth dongle on the pc, a vb.net code and some arbit stuff to show the appliances and to make the model..

OP
j1n M@tt

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Do v need any external circuit for this? or can v only connect one device at a time?

And hw did u wrote the app. dat is running on d mobile ? in Java??

OP
j1n M@tt

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Wat do u mean by Library project? :confused:windows library??? If not, am not interested. Similar projects r commonly done by other students. I wanna do something different.

Do v need any external circuit for this? or can v only connect one device at a time?

And hw did u wrote the app. dat is running on d mobile ? in Java??

The electric supply in my project was voltage from the parallel port. There are 6 (12 actually, but 6 each of Ground n their upper Voltages) pins that can give out usable voltage in a parallel port. So u can have 6 outputs. And the flow of current was controlled by the PC application.

Yeah, you need a simple external circuit, and you can easily make it yourself..
Like i had used an electric motor to represent a fan. The Back EMF problem with motors is the main reason to have that circuit and it had a set of diodes to create uni directional current flow.

There was no special application on the cell phone, it was just a 'Note' sent over the bluetooth.

OP
j1n M@tt

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
thanx MysticDews.

d project u said is a nice one...I will try to make some mods in ur ideas and will be considering it with ma group members.
---------
V hav some topics like
  • Image editing online apps in flex(flex is d new emerging language from Adobe 4 web based apps).
  • Download managers like torrents
  • Hardware monitoring + tweaking apps
  • Encryption software
Wat do u guys suggest? Which one is d best? If any other cool topics, plz post it guys..........*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/70.gif

Last edited:
^ No thanks n all buddy... :)

U cud also consider these topics..
1. Broadband Through Power Lines,
2. Electronic Language Translation

OP
j1n M@tt

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hey man,r u insane ?*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/76.gif or is it true dat v can sent Broadband signals thr Power lines??!!!!

Can u xplain hw?*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/63.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom