Top Secret Intel Processor Plans Uncovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGENT_SMITH

Journeyman
Intel was surprisingly talkative when it came to future technologies and products this year. As a result, most of the technical audience is up to date regarding the upcoming micro architecture based on the 65 nm Merom design. We discovered that all of these announcements are the top of a hot iceberg only, because the chip firm intends to deliver almost 20 new processor designs within the next eight quarters; all for the sole purpose of dominating the desktop, mobile and enterprise segments.

Last week, Intel held a series of presentations at its Ronler Acres campus in Hillsboro, Oregon, whose facilities represent the main pillar of product design and manufacturing. These presentations included a short tour to the top-notch 65 nm production facility Fab D1D whose specifics Intel is currently replicating to other locations. The primary purpose of this show obviously was to convince around 80 analysts and journalists of the substantial health of Intel's 65 nm fabrication leadership, which is outputting new processors in high volume for launching new Pentium 4 6x1, Pentium D 900 and Core branded (known as Yonah) processors in early 2006.

However, the spectacle almost looked a bit too good to be true at first, because virtually everything the presenters were talking about was highly positive. But our latest discoveries prove that Intel is dead serious about it. We found that the 65 nm manufacturing is healthy enough to eventually unroll more processor designs than ever before within the next two years, both in 65 and 45 nm.

There will be lots of dual cores, quad cores and even the first eight core CPUs are outlined clearly. Although this information is still confidential and likely to be adjusted a bit over time, we would like to share our outlook with you. Not only is Intel working on an excellent product base, but also there seems to be a fresh wind of change with the introduction of the new CTO Justin Rattner, who we believe is capable of upgrading Intel's technology image with a touch of emotion.

Read more here

yash

I draw every day
and u thik amd will just be sitting around ding nothing?even in that arena amd will be giving better performances than intel i believe

OP
A

AGENT_SMITH

Journeyman
yash said:
and u thik amd will just be sitting around ding nothing?even in that arena amd will be giving better performances than intel i believe

nope i dont think so
i'm sure amd has better plans then intel and would surely beating the *** out intel, but cant write off intel so easily
At the moment its wait and watch

Stack DumPP

Broken In
yeah i read this quite some time back.. it seems that they r going to bring out these multi core processors as multi chip packages.. god save intel..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom