Top 10 Free Programs to make the most out of your MP3 Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Ok, you’ve got loads of music on your computer - but is that all cluttered, unorganized, unmanaged and simply not easy to access? May be you need to do something. Literally hundreds of free software let you play, organize, burn and do lots more with your digital MP3 music collection. Have a well tagged, sortable music collection that you can be proud of!

Here comes a carefully chosen list of free programs that might help you squeeze the best out of your MP3 collection.

Read More.......

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
No Offence but MediaMonkey(mentioned in blog post) is one of the crappiest softwares i've ever used .

The User-Interface totally sucks in terms of usability and you can't even properly browse the library without getting irritated .

They seriously need to work on the UI and Ease-of-use department .

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^have you used the latest one?It has pretty cool GUI.The main feature of media monkey in the no. of tools it packs and automatic tagging of songs in metadata.

of course it your collection consists of mainly untagged or improperly tagged songs then its very difficult to browse.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
^^have you used the latest one?It has pretty cool GUI.The main feature of media monkey in the no. of tools it packs and automatic tagging of songs in metadata.

of course it your collection consists of mainly untagged or improperly tagged songs then its very difficult to browse.
Each and every file in my Collection is Tagged(+Album Art) , but still the Library Browsing of MediaMonkey has a lot of hiccups and leaves a lot to be desired .

Like for example when you wanna browse by album , you double-click on album-name , then rather than displaying the tracks in the album , it just starts playnig the whole album , and you actually have to change to track-view and find the song all over again to view tracks in that album.

Compare this to WMP 11 , it shows album art-covers , when you click on album , it shows tracks .

Similarly , in Artist view , in WMP 11 you click on artist it shows all albums by that artist along with tracks .

In mediamonkey , in artist view , it just sorts-by artist rather than have a custom-view for it .

Overall feel of Mediamonkey is very clinky .

redhat

Mad and Furious
^^+1
And also, it does not support featuring artists...
Adds a whole lot of artists to my collection?
Is there any software that supports feat. artists??

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
^^+1
And also, it does not support featuring artists...
Adds a whole lot of artists to my collection?
Is there any software that supports feat. artists??
There's an "Album Artist" and "Artist" tag , you can use Album Artist to arrange songs by album and you can fill Artist field with all artists for a particular song .

This setup Works Perfectly fine in WMP 11 and iTunes and Amarok .

ajayritik

Technomancer
I know I'm asking a wrong question here but still I Would like to know which software is best to play MP3 songs? Mostly I use Winamp. What about others like iTunes, Windows Media player etc?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Zeeshan, I was looking for a replaygain plugin for media player. Do you know where to get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom