Anti-Spyware software:
#1. Spy Sweeper
#2. Spyware Eliminator
#3. Counter Spy
#4. Trend Micro
#5. AntiSpy

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Nah.. The results are somewhat skewed.. The those ARE the top 4 AV's (PC-Cillin is crap) but not in that order.. F-Secure and Kaspersky should be at the same level (cause F-Secure uses Kaspersky Engine) then should come NOD32 because of the best heuristics and generic detections.. Then should come BitDefender with their improved HiVE..

For the most *fair* comparisions, please visit *www.av-comparatives.org

forever

filth is me
@every1
i was thinkin of downloadin a free edition, which 1 should i go 4, kaspersky
or bit defender 8. i have a normal net connection and have firewall 2 so i think i dont need any pro edition, the free edition will work fine right.
anyway, which 1 is worth the download, by the looks of it , bit defender caught my fancy but kalpik doesnt agree, so which 1 2 opt for..

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
forever said:
@every1
i was thinkin of downloadin a free edition, which 1 should i go 4, kaspersky
or bit defender 8. i have a normal net connection and have firewall 2 so i think i dont need any pro edition, the free edition will work fine right.
anyway, which 1 is worth the download, by the looks of it , bit defender caught my fancy but kalpik doesnt agree, so which 1 2 opt for..
Hi!

First of all, Kaspersky is NOT free! BitDefender 8 (Free) is a *very* good antivirus. But not to forget, its on-demand only.. Meaning that it will not detect viruses on its own.. You will have to run a scan manually.. If you want a free AntiVirus, try AntiVir or Avast!. Both of these would serve you well.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
which is the best antivirus and anti spyware ? not according to yhe test but according to all u members who r using them.

as far as 2006,i can only tell u all that -zonealarm security suite- incorporates the best --firewall-antivirus-anti.spyware-- combination and yes,that came as a surprise to everyone.
it smashes norton,mcafee,trendmicro n all the leaders in this security business surprisingly.
The no.1 antivirus for 2006 is definitely Bitdefender.

Last edited:

MrMoustache

Right off the assembly line
i agree with kalpik on av's.. nod32 is one of the best, so is f-prot dos.

about spyware i'm a bit confused, i just downloaded Steganos ANtispyware 2006 trial, its pretty good. how would you guys rate it?

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
kalpik said:
Hi!

First of all, Kaspersky is NOT free! BitDefender 8 (Free) is a *very* good antivirus. But not to forget, its on-demand only.. Meaning that it will not detect viruses on its own.. You will have to run a scan manually.. If you want a free AntiVirus, try AntiVir or Avast!. Both of these would serve you well.

well......... every software on earth is free...u just need to know where to look for....

47shailesh

Security Exp
According to me NIS2006 is best suite then comes ZA2006(it's really improved), Kaspersky is best virus scanner.Spybot search&destroy alongwith AdAware forms best spyware detection tool.

LegendKiller

In the zone
Arey,guys!!!
this review from toptenreviews.com is the biggest joke on earth,go and see the versions they have tested...not all are current like kaspersky is version:5 and by no means bitdefender comes first!!!
In my view,AntiVirus,
1.Kaspersky-99.6%
2.F-Secure-96.** %
3.Eset-91.** %
4.Bitdefender-88-89%
5.Norton-86.**%
6.Mcafee-83-84%
And avast comes in late 70s and AVG comes in mid=70s as per detection rates...
Zone-Alarm has some 60-70% detection rate...
And as for Anti-Spyware,IMHO
1.SpySweeper
2.Spyware Doctor/Ewido Antispyware 4.0
3.Spyware S&D
4.Ad-Aware Pro
5.A-square Anti-Malware
I earlier use to goto this site,but this site is total non-sense!
If ur serious about reviews than goto PCmag.com and PCWorld.Com,these are the best and most trusted!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom