Todays Education gives Importance to What ?

Todays Education Gives Importance to What ?

• Money Making

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Human Values and Qualities

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mixture of Both

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • None of it

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
Todays Education - Does it give importance to creation of

Youths as mere Money-making Machines

OR

Youths with Sound Human Values and Qualities

My view point is that of the first reason because it's all what students at end care about and would sacrifice anything for it (friends, parents, etc)

veiga2412

Techie in training
I think it's both.

In school they focus more on Humanity related issues & then start tending towards a more money-oriented focus.

I think the latter may be because as kids nowadays get older, they [the kids] get more focused on the money, and the educators have picked up on this and have latched onto it as way to get the Kids' attention in school.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
When you have to pay Rs. 30,00,000+ for an M.B.B.S. seat the answer to your question is only too obvious. I dread to imagine the type of doctors that are going to come out in the next 10 to 20 years.

When you have to pay Rs. 30,00,000+ for an M.B.B.S. seat the answer to your question is only too obvious. I dread to imagine the type of doctors that are going to come out in the next 10 to 20 years.
+1

They educate us about human values while asking lots of money for doing the same. Look at the irony.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, Indian Education has been giving importance to examinations.
You'll have to be good in those mere 3 hours if you want to prove yourself, which isn't fair. Crammers get good marks.......WTF

^^ This may be a bit offtopic.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Well, Indian Education has been giving importance to examinations.
You'll have to be good in those mere 3 hours if you want to prove yourself, which isn't fair. Crammers get good marks.......WTF

Not so. In boards as well as higher studies like engineering, internal assessment is also done and practicals are there.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not so. In boards as well as higher studies like engineering, internal assessment is also done and practicals are there.
Well, if we just talk about the Boards, schools will give full marks in the internal assessment just like that. They may get into trouble if CBSE questions them on the criteria, CBSE rarely does.

And in Practicals, we easily come to know that what the other guy is doing....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Todays Education - Does it give importance to creation of

Youths as mere Money-making Machines

OR

Youths with Sound Human Values and Qualities

My view point is that of the first reason because it's all what students at end care about and would sacrifice anything for it (friends, parents, etc)
Well, its not the fault of the Education System....

Actually, today's youth has realized that if they want to do anything in this materialistic world, they need to get money and they want to do this in any way they want.

But to prevent this, we do have Counseling so that we don't go to the wrong path......

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
+infinity to pathik.

Today's education system focuses more on absolutely nothing. Students learn age-old concepts and dont have a choice to learn what they want to, rather, they are forced to read what is taught.

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
From school to college, I've met so many people, who are excellent artists, painters, orators, writers, sportsmen, etc. But they all took science or commerce to later become engineers, doctors, managers etc. Not one guy looked at arts or sports as an option.

Is the education system alone to blame which gives no councelling on the students' skills, or is there some other factor too, like the mindset of the society, which largely thinks sports and arts can't be professional options?

And talking about sports, can we really blame these guys for not taking it seriously? Other than cricket, where do you see sportsmen with lots of money?

I know the education system sucks bad here, but then, the system is just a byproduct of the society at large. (Just my views.)

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Not everyone is good in every field. Some are good in One field , while others are masters in other. To bring out these qualities out of children and to work on it so that it can blossom, is what education should do.Today's education(and the perspective of society) however forces children to go down a 'safe' path, mostly killing their good qualities. Some survive it, some equally talented however crumbles under it.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I voted on none!I studied quadratic equations in school. I never used them in real life! In fact my parents always complained that that I kept on reading comics and other books all the time, today they are the things I credit for my web content writing career.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
^
LMAO !!!

Anyways the one message that REALLY needs to be sent across to all the students doing their school/college is that they should get some practical knowledge. Real World Practical knowledge, I think it's pretty self explanatory and from my personal experience after passing out from school/college and working a good paying job all I know is that college alone won't do anything for you.

Sorry for being out of topic but for teaching us Human Values and Qualities we usually have things like parents, family and society.

And money making should be taught, we evolved from killing each other for food to the the barter system to the currency system, so if we want to stay civilized everyone should be taught how to make money efficiently or else people can always go back to stealing and murdering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom