To Err is Computer. To Reboot ? We do not know !! Check this photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
Was at the Railway station today and saw a nice big (LCD?) screen which is supposed to give information on trains etc. But saw this instead ! Was there for about 45 mins but this didn't change !!

Click on the thumbnail below to see it enlarged.

*4lh4pg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1piD0sqCA6ys3D4f6w44sE60Np_6898OoT7IM_DYJSZjpqch764zYdd7NstNoNjsOFsqjzuepGr_M/thumb-screen_in_railway_station.jpg

Click here if you can't see the thumbnail above.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Some things I noticed other than that:

1.) Chalne walo ko saza milegi (those who walk will be punished)
2.) Ticket is strictly prohibited
3.) Hell, it even shows a separate entrance for ppl without tickets!! "Bina ticket entrance" :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Heh heh! Its surprising that they (IR) have LCD TVs and all that but the restrooms and other stuff is filthy.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Yah, they recently brought a lot of new things in Southern Railways - like these LCD screens, then GPS and TV (how it works ? dish ?) in all compartments, small LDC screens near all compartments in Railway stations etc etc !

But the compartments, restrooms, platforms (in majority of stations) remains the same :(

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
That's a nice Samsung LCD.I guess we are really moving ahead but seems like no one gives a dam what content is aired on it.Take for instance this new LCD system which has been implemented in BEST buses(Mumbai) & it does nothing but air Jimmy's(Mimoh Chakravarty movie)trailer round the clock.Makes me sick to my stomach.But still I have to admit we are moving slowly towards a fair developmental stage.:D

@Din: Which station is that?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Here in Mumbai on the Vile-Parle station there are three large LCD's, showing some **** stuff. It burns my ass looking at them, being wasted by displaying **** info, when I could be gaming and watching hi-def movies on them. I'm planning on asking them to exchange one of those displays with the CRT at my home. If they want to just display that info, it can very well be done on a CRT as well, can't it. Heck, there are even small LCD displays inside BEST buses nowadays.

unni

In the zone
Some things I noticed other than that:

1.) Chalne walo ko saza milegi (those who walk will be punished)
2.) Ticket is strictly prohibited
3.) Hell, it even shows a separate entrance for ppl without tickets!! "Bina ticket entrance" :D
:D

I have seen BSODs shown in big LCD TVS here in Forum Mall, Bengaluru. Will post the pic tomorrow.

D@rekills4

In the zone
Clean the Toilets

I think its better they clean their toilets than to spend money on LCDs
OK they can keep LCDs but the dirty toilets!! ugh!

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
guys i am sure, the LCD TV was atleast partially sponsored... cant imagine IR spending 50k on a single display panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom